chapter 1

Luke narrowed his eyes at Michael from across the table, knowing that Michael had too much to drink again and whenever this happened it would always lead to a big mistake. Two girls sat on either side of Luke, clinging to his arms. 

"Hey Mike. How you doing?" Luke asked abruptly. Michael looked up from his hands slowly and started laughing.

"I love you, Luke." Amused, Luke started laughing.

"Thanks mate, I love you too." 

"No really, you're so sweet, Lukey. You're like my big brother." Micheal smirked at him from across the table, making the girls laugh.

"Michael, you're older than me." Luke shook his head with a smile.

"Yeah, but you're older than me." Michael said in a sarcastic voice, oblivious to everything that was going on around him.

"Mike, you're not making any sense. I think you got a little too wasted."

"I'm not going to get wasted!" He threw his arms up in the air, frusterated. "Please Luke, don't make me go home again. You always do this!" He stood up and crossed his arms, "Don't be my mother anymore, just go out and have a good time." Still not making any sense, Michael ran away into the crowd of people to cause trouble elsewhere. The girls turned to Luke, with big eyes.

"You're so hot, babe." One of them whispered to Luke. Luke rolled his eyes, unimpressed. 

"Like really hot." The other one said. She leaned over to him and put a hand in his hair, twiliring his long blond quiff. He seemed annoyed with them and stood up rudely.

"I'm sorry to cut this short, ladies. I should probably go find Michael."

"Call me." The blond to his left said in a raspy voice. Luke shook his head brielfy and ran off to find his friend. When he got to him though, it seemed he had already drank more and he was playing darts with one of the painting on the wall.

"Michael!" Luke shouted as he ran over to him. He took the darts from his hand and removed them from the priceless Van Gogh painting. "What's gotten into you, lad?" Michael snorted and shook his head.

"I just want tonight to be fun. I've been thinking about some things, Luke." He turned around to face some older gentleman sitting at a table alone, with a beer and a hamburger in front of him. Micheal picked up the beer gracefully and took a sip, replacing it before the guy could say anything. Michael started laughing hysterically and patted the guys head.

"Thanks, it's really good beer." He said and covered his mouth with laughter. Luke shook his head embarrassed.

"I'm so sorry sir." He reached into his pocket and slid money onto the table. "Go buy yourself a new beer, Michael's not himself today. I'm sorry." And he pulled Michael by the arm and out of the room.