Prologue- In the Past

Hawkings Manor- 1839

The weather is cooler, wind blowing and snow blanketing the ground. A fire crackeling in the room, laughter filled the quiet halls as the five enjoy a cup of tea around the round table. A man and woman sit cuddling close together at the head of the table. From the positions of the others they show respect for their Leaders and sat around the table. To everyone in the room, they are equal but they look to the man and woman as their leaders, their teachers.

Brandon Hawking and Marcia Hawking were highly respected and many bowed down to them as a sign of respect. But they weren't like anyone else, they were Psychic-mediums. In the spirit realm they were known as the strongest and highly gifted. Marcia was known as a white witch, she had the ability to see into past lives, travel into the past, near future and often known as a healer.

Brandon had the ability to hear others thoughts Telepathically. The gift was rare and very few had it. Brandon took over the leader position to help the others develop their gifts. He didn't feel higher than everyone else, Brandon knew what the psychic powers entitled and vowed to never subcome to the thought of being above others. He saw himself no different and that's why he became a spiritual teacher. With his wife, her best friend since childhood Amelia Johnson, his Brother Johnathan and sister Alice by his side he was able to help others with their gifts. Brandon was often amazed at his wife's gifts. He felt her power and praised her for keeping them from overpowering her.

As the night fell, Brandon relaxed and pulled his wife closer into his side. He enjoyed these night's where everyone came together and practiced or simply enjoyed tea and conversated. Tonight was different, tonight they would announce the upcoming birth of their baby boy. Everyone in the room could feel the shift in energy, they knew what the announcement was but no one spoke. No one had too. Visions of the little boy danced in front of their eyes.

Marcia looked up into her husbands eyes and smiled as she rubbed her slightly swollen belly "you shouldn't keep them waiting my love" she told him, her eyes twinkeling with delight and laugher as she gazed up into her husbands loving eyes.

Brandon returned her gaze and bent down to lightly kiss her lips. Smiling against them he whispered "I love you too the moon and back love". Pulling away from her, he wrapped his arm around her and addressed the group "we called a group meeting to formally announce that Marcia and I will soon become parents, as you all know already, it's a boy" Brandon exclaimed with delight. His excitement evident in his posture and voice. His protective arm secured around his wife, he began to think about the hardships and life ahead of him. Visions of the near and far future entered his mind. He pushed them aside until the time was right, he knew the outcome and wasn't sure how to alert the group. Until then he decided to leave it alone.

Sadness filled his heart and soul over the visions, looking down at his wife, he felt his heart shatter to pieces. The far future vision hurt him to no end. Brandon wasn't sure why this would happen or how he would cope knowing exactly where his soulmate was and with who. One thing he knew for sure, she wouldn't be with him.

Laughter reached his ears and quickly let the vision fade away. He didn't want anyone feeling his emotions so he quickly blocked them until he could get his emotions together. He knew how hard it was to block especially with four other empaths in the room, knowing he couldn't fully block everything he did the best he could to think about this life and of his son.

Marcia quickly picked up on her husbands emotions and knew he was upset over something. Not wanting to push him, she pretended she couldn't feel them and cuddled further into him. Whatever had bothered her husband, caused him to become tense and withdrawn. She knew he had seen a vision, she picked up on it as well. Even though she couldn't see everything he had, she still caught the fact that something tragic happens. Knowing not to question him when he was this upset, she decided to wait until he would be ready to tell her and the group.

The engery in the room shifted from excitement to concern in the matter of seconds. Johnathan caught on to his brothers distress, he too had seen the very same vision and his heart broke for his brother. Unfortunately, he wasn't the only one who would lose his soulmate. Glancing over at his love and soulmate Amelia, who was busy talking to Marcia, he felt his heart break. Knowing that fate would tare all of them apart bothered him to no end. He wished he could change fate or beg the Angels and God to rewrite it but he knew that God had a plan. Their lives were already planned out for them. Nothing will change that.

Glancing over at his brother he caught his eye and smiled sadly. Nodding his head, Brandon kissed Marcia and walked towards the liquor cabinet. Grabbing the whickey bottle, Johnathan poured them both a hefty amount and lifted the glass.

"I wish I could toast to a happy long life together but I saw the vision Brandon. For now, I'll toast to the baby" Brandon said glumily.

Brandon smiled, even though it never reached his eyes he nodded and clinked his glass with Jonathan's "not right now Jon, Marcia aleady picked up on my distress. I don't want her worrying over this, it could stress the baby" he said and sighed, pouring another shot. He downed it and turned to face Jonathon "look, I know you saw more of the vision and I'm sorry. I don't like this at all. I don't want to share my love, my soulmate. I don't want to hurt and ache for her. I'll be with her all her life knowing I can't have her. I'm sorry that you will have to go through the same thing Brother. We have been with the same woman most of our past lives. Knowing this is our last one together for awhile even you, Alice and I, hurts"

Johnathon glanced over his shoulder towards the three girls and felt his heart ache" I'm not sure what hurts more, knowing that Amelia and I won't be together next life or the fact that none of us will be together. Either way it hurts" he mumbled and chugged the remainder of his whiskey.

Brandon shook his head "not all of us. The vision shows Amelia and Marcia growing up together, its not until later in life that they discover that they go back for centuries. Marcia is the one who will bring us together again. She just doesn't know it yet. I won't lie and say it will be easy when she finds all of us, Jon they will be married and won't know who we are. I'm not sure I'll be able to be there, knowing she's in love and found her other soulmate. I don't like it at all but we can't change our fate" he said and looked back at Marcia.

His heart breaking as he remembered the vision, her happy, her loving another Man, her searching for him but knowing she and him can't be together. He could see their children and ached. His heart shattering to pieces watching his soulmate fall into the arms of another Man. Brandon could see himself there with her in spirit, he could feel her love for him. How can he get through this, he wanted to scream and curse at the world for this. He wished he could understand why now, why was it over? Why is he losing his true soulmate? Why will he lose his brother and sister? And most importantly why is everything changing?

Fate is out their control, everything changes for a reason. The group of five have a higher purpose and soon they will all know what that is.

Love, heartache and tragedy will bring the group back together, just not in the way they once were.