Chapter 1: Prologue

Authors Note: So all my followers and previous readers will remember my first wattpad story which was called 'Everyone makes mistakes, your worst one was rejecting me, my ex Alpha mate' - you can tell i was a newbie by the extrememly long title :P Everythig about that story makes me want to be sick. The grammar, the editing, the spelling, the plot holes, everything was incredibly wrong and I don’t apologise for it because it was roughly 3 years ago. I was much younger, new to wattpad and writing and just experimenting. I was recently reading through the comments and it seems like people really enjoyed the story - I have no idea how - not to mention 198 thousand reads is nothing light on wattpad so i thought i would rewrite it. I'll be completly honest and say that uploads will probably be slow, but after this first chapter I'll be grouping the old chapters - which were increadibly short - together so hopefully the chapters will be long and filling enough to keep you going. Obviously to my old readers the first few chapters will be repition, so nobody complain and say ''your just uploading old chapters!' - because thats the point of re writing, uploading a better version of the original book. Also the story is now in 3rd person. ENJOY!

The 1963 Chevrolet truck just about made it past the school's daunting iron gates before the engine gave out, leaving it at an awkward angle in the schools parking lot. Seated inside it’s chipped blue frame the owner sighed, the obvious fatigue that masked her face mirrored the weariness of her car.

"I know you’re tired baby, so am I.” she whispered, her voice coarse and barely audible as she lacked the enthusiasm she needed to get through another day in what she liked to think of as hell’s waiting room. The rain that splattered against the windows created a gentle hum that relaxed her erratic heartbeat and soothed her slightly.

“Only a couple more months and we are out of this hell hole." Anna said patting the worn out leather seats before reluctantly grabbing her backpack from the passenger seat of her car and made her way out into the North Dakota chill.

Her feet dragged behind her as she began to walk down the paved street to hell when a familiar blue jeep bolted past her, in the process soaking her with the dark, murky water that laid in the groove between the sidewalk and the road.

A grimace ran across her face as her sombre mood seemed to match the drab weather by the minute. She ran her fingers through the clumps of wet mattered hair that fell over her face. She had looked reasonable today - she thought with a miserable groan, having made an effort earlier on in the morning – which now seemed like a waste of her time.

Laughter filled her ears as she shivered violently, not knowing whether the involuntary action was due to the cold gust of wind that whirled through the air or the high squealing of the familiar voice she knew would squish her day further into the mud.

"So what style are we going for today Anna? Chimney sweep or emo grime?" a high pitched voice squealed soon followed by the bellowing roar of a crowds laughter.

Knowing her sharp tongue would most likely get her into an unwanted commotion – Anna decided it would be best if she ignored the presence of the wicked witch of the west and carried on making her way to the schools entrance. She could easily hear the click of the queen bee’s heels as she stalked her trail and soon enough felt a pair of small hands grip her arm tightly.

"Don’t you walk away from me when I’m talking to you!" Lisa slurred.

Anna’s nostrils flared slightly as her hands flexed into fists, her nails biting into the soft palm of her hand. After having the most miserable start to her day, her patience was already on the short end of its stick. Anna attempted to smile but in reality it was more of a grimace. Her cheeks stung as she tightly held her smile, her lips barley moving as she murmured her next few words.