Snowball Effect

It's been three years since the incident. Society is still not the same. The other boys, friends and family are still traumatized and constantly ask themselves the over-asked question of why him? He was such a good boy, not only did he have talent and was worshiped by millions of teenage fans and was an inspiring young pop artist , he had a good heart and it's been hard on everyone when he unpleasantly and unfortunately passed away three long years prior to today.
Calum Hood was murdered on the seventh of august in 2013. Today is August 7, 2016. The murderer was a young man in his early twenties who was a big fan. He went crazy with his love for Calum and he couldn't take it anymore. He shot him in the shoulder and Calum died a day later in the hospital. Luke, Ashton and Michael were devastated.

Not only did the three boys slowly separate as friends and stopped playing music, they all went on to do other things in life.

Luke Hemmings, being the closest brother to Calum took up drugs first. He lost contact immediately with Mikey and Ashton, he stopped talking to his mom and most of the public. For a few months we thought he would be okay when he began dating some fan named Allie but he broke up with her soon after, afraid of commitment to any relationship. The pain of losing his best friend was too much and after ruining all his other friendships and relations with any other people, Luke Hemmings hung himself today, August 7, 2016.

Ashton Irwin, drummer of 5 Seconds of Summer, also lost a brother on August 7, 2013. He was devastated and flipped off his fans on camera after giving a moving speech about his depression. He began cutting again and told the fans that he was in desperate need of help. Regardless of his depression, fans proceeded to throw food at him when he told the public that he joined a new band. He flipped them off and shouted "I don't fucking need any of your support. Thanks for nothing," he kicked a soda can off the stage and into the audience and ran backstage with tears in his eyes. He has joined twelve groups or bands since the death of Calum Hood, none being permanent.

Michael Clifford left town soon after he lost connection with the other boys. He started his career as a lawyer and went to Roger Williams in RI. He tried to move on from singing in 5SOS, but deep down he knew that he never could. He would always miss the boys but he never tried reaching them again, that is until August 7, 2016 when he received a phone call announcing Luke's death. His heart shattered into a million pieces and Mikey flew out to where he knew Ashton was, without a second thought.

There Ashton stands in a small café reaching over the counter for his decaf coffee. He hasnt smiled since the day he found out about Calum, not a true smile at least. The depression is noticeable in his blank eyes that were once filled with love, his dimples have disappeared along with all of emotion and replaced with complete and total sadness. It will always look like he is on the verge of a meltdown.

After talking to many people and finding Ashton's exact location at the moment, Michael Clifford pulls open the small door to the café making the bell ring. Ashton's eyes slowly turn to look at the colorless Michael entering the café. He pulls a chair out across from Ashton and gives him a small, sad smile.

"Wow Mikey, what are the chances?" Ashton says with an emotionless laugh.

"I'm guessing you haven't heard the news, mate?" Ashton shrugs simply. "Otherwise you'd know why I came." The silence seemed long between the old friends but not awkward.

"Go on."

"Ashton..." There was a dramatic pause, Michael debating how to give Ashton the depressing news, not knowing how he would react. "Luke has committed suicide." Ashton did not shed a tear, his mouth opened and shut quickly. His hands covered his face.

"Ash, talk to me. I know exactly how you feel, lad. This hurts like fuck I know, I still haven't got over the pain of losing Cal, so I know what you're going through."