8 | Take Me Home

War is like a fire; if you do not put aside your weapons, they will eventually consume you

– Li Chuan, Tang Dynasty

•☽────✧˖°˖☆˖°˖✧────☾•

It was the last days of autumn in the whole Southern Lands. The golden leaves flew freely on the breeze, and the coolness of the southwester soothed the souls of every creature.

The sun slowly rose in the dark skies, replacing the darkness with light and a new beginning. For the Liberians, it was their time to take their slumber. However, for the other Immortals, it was their time to rise and do their everyday habits.

Cithara watched the sun as it rose from the top of the palace's tower like a bird who just learned how to fly. Her mind telling her to sleep began to nag her, but the happiness and excitement she felt deep inside fought it bravely.

"Cithara!" She heard someone call from the lower grounds.

Her gaze dropped towards her aunt, who was dressed more elegantly than she ever had.

"We're leaving soon. You should come down here now," Aja added.

Cithara stood up in her blue bouffant that matched the color of her astonishing eyes. She dashed downstairs in her royal blue-colored kitten heels shoes while her hair waved as she skipped down the steps of the five-story castle.

"Finally! I can't wait to see the new Everdailean castle and meet it in person!" Cithara sang as she went to her aunt waiting for her at the entrance of the castle.

"We'll leave as soon as the guards gathered enough square amethyst to teleport us towards Everdaile," Aja spoke.

"How about using my new invention instead to carry the gems without harming the other creatures?" she suggested.

"Cithara," Aja sighed, "haven't I told you several times before that your... your inventions... they just... they can be dangerous sometimes."

"Remember when you tried to invent a flying machine?" Aja added with a shift of her tone. "Or the time you almost burned the southern village because of your tinkering?"

The words that she heard hit like tiny but painful arrows shot toward her heart. Cithara remained silent, afraid that her aunt would leave her if she continued.

After a few moments, two guards appeared with a basket full of gems of different colors and shapes. As soon as her glimpse was caught by those gems, a mysterious feeling suddenly made her tremble.

What will she do with those? she thought, remaining silent. All that she said to me were amethyst gems.

Aja immediately shoved the gems towards her sling bag and left only one gem.