Legacy

The noise in Manhattan was all abuzz, as was typical for a normal day. People were walking along the sidewalks, cars and taxis were driving by, all for the purpose of getting place to place.

But you have to be careful, cause one wrong turn can lead to trouble.

"Please...it's all I got." A man begged as he was backed to a wall.

Currently in an alley, a man was being harassed by two thugs as one of them was searching through his wallet, while the other just crossed his arms and smirked.

"Hate to break it you, pal, but this much cash isn't enough to pay my rent." The thug searching through the wallet said as he kept the money and tossed the wallet.

"Maybe you can fork over that nice watch you got?" The other thug said as he eyes the man's watch on his wrist.

The man instinctively placed a hand on his watch. "What? But this belonged to my grandfather, it's very precious." He begged.

"My heart just bleeds for you..." One of the two thugs said as he pulled out a knife. "...it if you don't hand over that watch, then you're just going to have to bleed."

The man was shaking with fear as the two thugs came closer, and was really starting to fear for his life. He prayed that someone, anyone, would come in and save him. Sure enough, his prayers have been answered. A fist came flying out of nowhere and hit one of the thugs in the face, while the one that was holding the knife was kicked in the stomach before he could react, causing him to drop the blade.

The man looked to the side to see his savior and saw that it was a young man with brownish blonde hair, wearing a blue jean jacket over a white shirt, and grey jeans.

"Leave the guy alone." The young man said sternly.

The two thugs got up and glared at the guy getting in their way. "Look at that, someone trying to be a hero."

"You should've minded your own business, kid." The other thug as they walked menacingly at the young man.

"Yeah, maybe I should have, but then you had to go and ruin my walk by harassing that poor man." The young man said before he raised his fists.

The first thug charged at him and attempted to punch him, but he dodged and punched him in the nose. The second thug came running and threw a punch, but the young man ducked and grabbed him by the midsection, then proceeded to toss him over his shoulder, sending the thug crashing into the ground.

He rubbed his shoulder as the thug was a lot heavier than he looked. "How do wrestlers make it look so easy?" He questioned. The first thug came running at him again, but the guy managed to swerve out of the way and used the momentum to push him right into the second thug before he could get back up.

Taking a breath, he turned back to the man that was being harassed. "You okay, sir?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, but-look out!" The man exclaimed.

The young turned around and tried to move as one of the thugs got back up and managed to pick up his knife. The thug tried to slash at him, but the young moved back to avoid it, causing his arm to get slashed instead. The thug tried to slash at him again, but the young man grabbed a trash can lid and proceeded to smash the blade out of the thug's hand, then smashed the lid on his head, disorienting him. The young man finished him off by picking up the trash can and tossing at the thug, knocking him onto the ground, as well as unconscious.

The young man breathed a sigh of relief before holding his cut arm in pain. The man who was attacked looked at him in concern before walking up and kneeling next to him.