the full moon

Chapter one ~

I recently took a job working as a librarian. I am seventeen years old and fresh out of highschool. Graduation day was last month, June third. The year is 2008. Everything started to climb the charts in the entertainment field. Music, electronics. Throw out your old vhs tapes. DVDs are in style now. Even books on tape seemed to have more of an update.

In the next month, it would be my birthday. July fifth. I was in a phase that hello kitty seemed to be thee hottest trend for me at the moment. I had no boyfriend. I wore thick black round frames for glasses. I always put my hair in a pony tail.

My name, is cadence. I recently found out that I was a witch when I was fifteen. Yes, a witch. But if you read my other books about me, you would know that I have a twin sister who is a vegetarian. Me, I eat meat. Although sometimes I get sick just thinking about eating meat. Weird, I know.

Anyways, I am now currently at a new job since I quit working at the deli star bucks for a few good reasons.
I needed more money, my boss started dating my mother.  And i needed a job where my sister would never bother me at.  The lybrary had the perfect effect for that.
my sister still works at the new club with her boyfriend aviary.

Did I ever fantasize about boys? Sure I did. In books. Apparently there is more to fantasize with a man than on paper. Than again, its hard to fantasize when you do not have the real monumental figure standing in front of you.

I for instance, if anyone ever asked me what type of man I would want to be with....I would not be able to answer them. Instead I would give them a title of a book. The man in Casablanca sounds romantic. How about a man who swings through the forest like Tarzan? Stuff like that. Which is why I only have two decent friends in life.

Monica and Priscilla. I met monica last year while I worked at the Starbucks deli. She is still there. I quit. Priscilla, moved up here with my family ever since that night we got snowed in at Christmas last year, she thought it would be safer living with a witch.  Priscilla is now dating a vampire. Go figure.

Spells? No such thing. At least not to my ability to focus on. I can't fly on a broom stick. That's only a myth. Still proven to be true. However, anything is possible.

I am telepathic. I can hear people speak when they don't talk out loud. I can visualize things that will happen, and I can dream. Mainly I get in a lot of trouble by sleep walking.

Last year I ended up with bruises every where as I got a straight jacket with my name on it. Thats when i met jorrace.
I was found walking in a trans on the side of a highway. Priscilla always believed me when I told her what I was. She was thrilled, actually.

So here I am. Working a night shift with the cleaner crew at the townhouse lybrary for cobblestone village.

Its been a month now since I had this job and it appeared to be so, so. There were three girls. Lucy havnik, Stella torenz, and yes, priscilla. She was the one who got me the job. We work five days out of the week. Monday through Friday I worked for five hours. The lybrary closed at ten pm so the hours were late. Ten pm til three a.m.

Normally, most cleaning jobs gave a two hour shift to get everything done. This was a three story building and apparently, haunted. In less than a year five girls had gone missing. So you could see how keeping your workers, would be a problem.

Lucy believed in all of the stories since she witnessed one of them. Complaining to the police about how books flew off the shelf left someone speechless. It was lucy who decided to jack up the price for more money since she had proof of a real ghost on camera. Along with more hours and another girl. Betty beykins had been found dead by stella.

It felt kind of odd if books flew off the shelf as three other girls ended up missing, and one dead. The ghost had to be a hoax.

"Than how do you explain the picture on Lucy's phone?" Stella asked. I looked at priscilla who believed me of course but did not want to say anything in front of the girls. We just arrived as we unlocked the door we had our usual take out dinners from the mall.

"I don't know stell, I mean now a days people have the special equipment to make a fake ghost. I know it sounds bizaar but how else do you explain the weird markings on Betty's neck? She was clawed to death. Ghosts can't claw."

"Depends on what type of ghost your dealing with." Priscilla mentioned as she sat down at one of the round tables in the big coffee room. I always liked this room. It felt like home. It felt, safe.

"Eat your sald PRI. Your not helping." Priscilla stuck out her tongue. "Tonight is a full moon you know. Everything gets creepy on a full moon."

"Yeah, its even on a Friday." Lucy whispered with her head bent you could barely make out what she said.

Stella and priscilla both rolled their eyes.

"Aren't you hungry?" Stella asked lucy when she watched her open up a water bottle that contained juice in it.

"I'm starving. Why do ask?"

"All you have is..is juice."

"Weirdly thick." Priscilla said.

"It is a protein shake? Helps boost my energy."

"Well, whatever. I am going to dig into a nice big salad with soup, bread a baked potatoes and chili. You enjoy that protein shake."

"Why bother? Your pretty enough." I said as I opened my Chinese container filled with shrimp beef and broccoli. In my other container I had rice and six egg rolls with six teryoki chicken. Sticks. The girls usually snagged my meals for some reason. Even lucy had a piece of beef every now and than.

"For your Information, I drink one protein shake at night because if you eat before you go to bed, the fat in your body builds up. So eat up you two."

"So I'm fat. I can accepted that." Stella said with smile as she dove into the salad with a fork.

"Your not fat." Priscilla complimented. Look let's just eat our supper so we can get to work. I don't want to stick around any longer than we have to."

"Seems odd doesn't it? I mean why isn't there security guards at night?" I asked.

"No one wanted the job after Betty's incident, it made the front page." Stella replied. "So why did you take this job?"

"My mother started dating my boss at work."

"Ouch." Lucy and Stella both said.

"Yea so I quit there to spare the lovey dovey communication between me as a third person."

"No one wants that. Priscilla chimed in.

"So I quit. PRI here told me about this job and I took it. 240 dollars every two weeks you can't beat that. I'm saving up to buy a beauty parlor."

"Sweet. You cut hair?"

"Cut_, wash, trim, style. I do nails. I can even wax. I just won't do the bikini area."

"Hear ya on that. I love doing nails. I can show you some of my work if you want to see."

"Sure.". Stella got out her phone from her purse. Turning it on she tapped in different ways to find the website she had. "Wow. You have your own website?"

"Helps advertise for extra money on the side. I go to peoples homes or I go to group homes. You should try your own website. You might surprise yourself to what kind of business you get."

"I have a thousand saved in the bank. Do u think it would double the amount if if I did thus?"

"And work here, it would triple the amount if you show your work and put your prices up. People can schedule appoints if you have an apartment they will come to you."

"Wow. Maybe we can work together on this."

"I'd like that. Sounds lime a plan." Stella and I talked through the hour as lucy sat and read a book. Priscilla finished her meal as the grandfather clock struck eleven times.

"Oh ugh. Oh sing sweet Nightingale gale. Sing."

"Hilariously funny priscilla." Lucy stood up to stretch as she closed the book. "Let's just get started. We have a long night."