Chapter 1

Human feelings.
They are not meant to be toyed with or reconfigured. They are not meant to undergo a horrendous affair of needles and machines yet, humans always found a way to make the impossible possible in the most peculiar ways.
It was early in the grislywar of 3020. Evidently, this is the year that humankind postulated their own knowledge would exceed in that of their creations.
It didn't.
This mindset made the strange creatures more corrupt than ever, the assumption of being able to control human emotions and physical tolerance was just one more way to halt the pain of loss in those who had family in the war.
In 3011, a war broke out amongst the British colonies and Americans. Survival was hard then, and still is now. The eradication of either side was coming and everyone knew the next generation will be there to pick up the pieces of each country's ruin.

This particular experiment, called 6781 to be exact, was trying to run away from the small battle happening in this moment, fearing those who held control of her tedious life, wanting to make something out of herself rather than half a hunk of metal.
There was no evidence of why she, in an appropriate manner, was the only one who was apprehensive of these feelings, nonetheless, the thrill of adventure and to feel something other than fear was a tangible thought to her. She no longer wanted to be called 6781, she wanted a Safe name. A name that would make her appear human
What if something went wrong though? there would be no Fixer to help her...
Maybe it was just her or maybe the roaring of frustrated and tired men and women but, something made her look back.
She was nearly frozen to the spot, rivers of doubt flowering in her head as she watched, mechanical parts and blood flying.
Her feet started to move, body strangely breathable after all these years of confinement. Like the wind, she disappeared before the eyes of those who saw her, the figure retreating into the distance.

It was not a short period of time before she was adrift in the warm heat, mouth parched for fluids that she seemingly already sweated out. There was a town near by, she could see it. One perk of her genetically modified being was that she could do things the Safe couldn't.
There was a whirlwind of feelings that smacked 6781, her body collapsing in the sand, vision black and blurry as she lost consciousness.