Truffula Fever

Achoo! Sorry (blows nose) I think I'm coming down with...FROZEN FEVER! ;). That's right. Went there. It's contagious! Had another idea: another Tedler fic. As I've said before: they're like brothers to me :giggle:. My AU of Once-ler is inspired by Charliemccarthey's art/LoraxMovie-The-things-we-ll-do-292164933 Enjoy!:blowkiss: :blowkiss :

"Alright, here we go."

It was Ted Wiggins' 13th birthday! The whole Wiggins family and her girlfriend Audrey were at her backyard. Not only them, but Once-ler and the Lorax decided to celebrate with them. Everyone wanted to make it special for him after planting the last seed in the town, especially Once-ler. His youth was restored to 22 again by the forest guardian and he was back in his original gray clothes the day they met, but not only that: Once-ler can control plants, so he became a guardian, as well. What better way to use that than to decorate Audrey's mural with real truffula trees.

He waved his hand and created a bonsai of Ted on top of a bright, beautiful, pink, four-layered ice cream with frosting shaped as truffula trees they made together. "No. Too lonely," he said thinking over the topping design. He turned it into Ted standing at his Lurkin. "Dark." It was turned into himself in his green suit giving a thneed to Ted. He gasped. "Why would I do that?" That brought up painful subconscious memories, so he quickly turned it into the both of them sitting by the first tree planted. He was a little anxious to make this perfect since it's his first birthday with Ted. He was determined to make this right for him. "Ok, you can do this, Once-ler. This is for Ted."

"Honey, relax! No need for stress." called out Helen. The ladies were painting letter on paper. A swammi-swan was lifting one by one up. "She's right," said granny Norma. "It looks beautiful."

"I know," he answered observing the cake. "But I just want it to be perfect for him. You know: my way of thanking him for the last seed and all."

The swan rested on Audrey's shoulder. "Speaking of perfect," she gestured her arms at a wire above. "What do you think of this?" It was banner that read 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TED!' in the same colors as the trees. He smiled anxiously at the banner. He'd give them an A for effort.

"Now, are you sure I can leave you girls in charge here?" he walked to the table settings where they were as he even licked his fingers and wiped a spot of paint off Audrey's face like a mother, much to her slight grimace.

"Completely," Helen assured confidentially.

"Cause I don't want anything to happen to the backyard."

"What COULD happen?" Ted's girlfriend asked trying not laugh.

Helen agreed. "Yeah. We got it all set."

"And he'll really love it," the granny consoled resting her hand on his side. At that point, he didn't even listened as he was adjusting a few accessories on a table. Despite the preparations done, he felt a little groggy, his nose felt stuffy and a little runny. With no tissue in sight, he had no choice to quickly wipe with his sleeve, but he can shake it off. He looked up. "Lorax! What are you doing?" he asked worryingly.

Immediately, the guardian look swiftly backed at him with almost a mouthful of the cake. "Not eating cake if that's your question." Of course, the frosting smeared in his mustache gave away his lie.

"Now, mustache-"

The furry fellow couldn't help his joy over it. "I know, but it's an ice cream cake!"

"And it's for Ted," the young guardian sternly replied with a smile.

"Ahem, right," he answered back coming to his senses. "For Ted." Making sure no one was looking, he spat the cake out his mouth and stuck it back in the small hole where he ate it.