Chapter 2

Edited. I changed some of her tattoos to go with my heritage.

Raven POV
I was pulled from my dream by a shrieking noise. I didn't even bother looking, I just grabbed the clock and threw it at the wall. Just when I was about to fall asleep again Bill(my foster father) banged on my door yelling, " Get your ass up, you damn slut!"

" Ok, I'm up!" I yelled back.

" Don't yell at me or I'll break your jaw." I heard through the door.

" Sorry," I said just loud enough for him to hear. I heard foot-steps fading, so I jumped up from the bed and headed to the shower. I know what your thinking, how the hell do you have a beautiful bedroom, bathroom, and closet if he treats you like shit. Well, Bill has never been in my room before, every time he beats me it's either in the living room or his room where he has all his " Toys", his words not mine. Every time I leave I have a passcode and lock my door so he can't get in. I take a 15-minute shower, I washed my body with my cherry body-wash and my hair with my cherry shampoo. I like cherries and red and black so a lot of what I wear will be that. After I'm done with my shower I go to my closet and since I'm 'the nerd' at school I have a whole area of cheap and baggy clothes. I choose a tight black tee, a big red hoodie that goes past mid-thigh, and some dark grey sweats. I got big- and I mean big- rimmed glasses and I put my pitch-black hair up in a messy bun.

I run to my weapons case and grab a switchblade and stuff it in my bra. Don't worry my boobs are safe and it's the best place to hide it. I always bring a knife just in case, cuz in my life you never know. As I run down the stairs to the kitchen I hear Bills Mustang's engine fire up. I was really not in the mood for his shit so when I heard that I stopped and did a little dance, I mean why not. When I got to the kitchen I made some blueberry pancakes because I still had 30 minutes till school. When I finished I had 10 minutes left so I walked outside, locked the door, and walked to my favorite car out of all of mine.

 When I finished I had 10 minutes left so I walked outside, locked the door, and walked to my favorite car out of all of mine

It was my dad's. When I turned 16 I looked everywhere for her and finally found her in a junkyard about to get crushed. I fixed her up and gave her a new paint job and now look at her, she's a beauty. When I finished admiring my baby, I had 5 minutes left and it takes me 20 minutes to get there-if I go the speed limit-so I hop in and hit it. My school is on a highway so I take the highway to get there faster-it's early so there should hardly be any cars. The speed limit is 60 soooo I go 85.

I was wrong, there were more cars than I thought and a cop or two so I had to slow down. There was a stoplight up ahead so when I stopped I took my hoodie off because I was a little hot.

I was 10 minutes late and I have no idea how, so I did a little drift into the parking lot. I didn't see anyone luckily so I parked in a free spot and got out. I always wear sleeves because I have scars and tattoos. But I took my hoodie off at the light.

 But I took my hoodie off at the light