Ch. 1

Krystal

Since you all don't know who I am, let me introduce myself. Its how everyone does it, your typical introduction. My name is Krystal Butler and I am sixteen years old. You can probably guess my family is the Butlers, or the Shaytards, who were the first ever YouTube family.

But I wasn't always with the Butlers. My original birth parents died when I was only five years old which forced my grandma to take me in. When I was six, she unexpectedly died of lung cancer.

Those years were the worst of my life.

Long story short, I was in a orphanage until I was eight, when I got adopted by my first family. It was more fostering than adopting, and before I knew it, I was back at the orphanage. But my luck changed when I was nine, by getting adopted by the shaytards.

I am never in the vlogs anymore. When I turned fourteen, I started to hide away from the camera more and more. I don't know why, it's not that I'm 'goth' or anything, it's just that I don't like it as much as I used to. I don't even talk to my family that much anyways. They all hate me, or blame me for stuff that I usually don't do. The only one I have a strong relationship with is Daxton, since he is still a little baby.

Anyways, let's get on with this story of mine.

I was listening to 'Team' by Lorde. I loved music, different types. It helped me get away from the real world, it took all the bad thoughts away. Music is a really large part of me, I don't know what I'd do without it.

As I listened to the song, someone opened my door without knocking. I looked over, and saw it was my mom. Her makeup was on, and she was wearing a nice dress, which usually meant we were going somewhere.

"Krystal, we are going to Casey's house so get dressed, and be ready." She spoke. Just as I predicted, we were going somewhere again.

I ignored her and kept listening to my music. I honestly didn't want to go anywhere right now, I was comfy in my warm bed, laying under a blanket that usually was on the side of my bed that I kept there.

"Krystal! I am talking to you, be respectful and look at me when I am speaking to you!" Mom said in her usual angry mom tone she used with me. Of course, only me.

"What do you want?" I said in annoyance as I took my earbuds out of my ears.

"Don't use that tone with me and that is no way to treat your mother! We are going to Casey's house!" She said demanded.

"But I don't want to go! Can't I just stay here for once!?" I exclaimed.

"Get dressed, final answer or else your in deep trouble missy!" Mom said, as she walked out of my room and shut the door.

I rolled my eyes, and huffed in annoyance. I knew I had to get dressed, or else I would be in deeper trouble than I already was according to mom.

I walked over to my dresser and took out a causal, but appropriate grey tank-top, that had the worlds 'shaytards' on them in black letters. A fan had sent it to me four years ago, but it was so big it didn't fit me. Well, now it did. I put on some high-wasted blue-black shorts. I quickly did a double French braid.

Currently, it was summertime, as you can see.

I grabbed my phone and my earbuds. No one was going to talk to me anyways, since the kids play childish games, and the adults talk about weird topics. I am just going to sneak back home instead, no one would notice.

"Children of mine, let's go!" Dad screamed.

I put my phone in my back pocket, as I walked down the stairs. My room was near mom and dad's, but not too close to their's. I walked down the stairs and out the door, not caring to wait for anyone else since they never waited for me.