I

I .

ALWAYS LIE ABOUT MY DAYS to my mum, she asks as soon as I walk through the door. 'How was your day at school?' Most teenagers would just say fine, but I take it to the extreme of saying it was good, even though I'm lying through my teeth. She never sees that, which is good because school is horrendous. I would be considered the book-worm who is a loner or a nerd or whatever you choose to call them, I'm that. Hair tied up in a bun, glasses always sat on my nose, but minus the spots, however, I do have braces which is just the slightest bit depressing. I don't wear makeup to school because I don't know who I'm trying to impress, my hair is always in a bun so no one can pull on it if they decide to be immature and start something.

And there they are, the trio this school worships coming around the corner towards the lockers, Chrissie, Tiffany and Amanda. The jocks fall over their feet for these three, I don't understand why they are barely that attractive and probably much worse under the surface of that five-inch mask they choose to wear on their faces. But I'm not sure if they have a new follower trying to become a wannabe or if the girl is just new and following the...

Before I could even finish my coherent thought in my head, my books went up into the air only to land onto to the white freckled vinyl flooring. I felt myself purse my lips at the scattered pile of papers that fell out, before looking at the laughing Chrissie, I just let out a sigh and got to picking them up when I hit heads with someone. I mentally said ouch as I rubbed the top of my head before looking at the girl in front of me, who was picking papers up for me.

"Sorry, I'm new..." I didn't catch the rest of what she said. I looked into her grey-blue eyes, her hair a deep brown compared to mine as it cascaded down her shoulders. I couldn't stop myself  from looking at her, the only thing pulling me away from my gaze was when she placed my books and papers into my hands.

I smiled my thank you as I got on my way to the class, praying it ends quickly so I can go home. I walked into the classroom taking my designated seat in the middle of the class, always leaving it interesting to see what people do to me, considering I am a bullseye target sat in the middle of the room. I watched the other people draw into the room, talking amongst one another as I puffed up my cheeks wanting to get this over and done with. Ten minutes into the lesson I received a ball of paper to the back of my head, making me roll my eyes at whoever did it. Still, I kept my head forward trying to pay attention to the lesson.

When class ended, in total I had two paper balls thrown at me, and from what I assume, I was poked and prodded by someone's pen or pencil. I let the class empty before I got up from my chair making my way towards the door to leave. My feet dragged me down the hallway leading to the student car park. As soon as I made it outside, I felt free from the confined walls of the concrete building we know as, school. I watched the fleeting students get into the prized possessions while I made my way to mine.

I unlocked the door, taking my hair out the bun as it fell in ringlets along my shoulders. A small smile pulling up on my face when I let myself go to how I'm most comfortable after school. In a way I hold two disguises; nerd or book-worm for school, any normal teenager for home life or socialising. And that's how it will always remain. I'd rather the people at school see me as one person, so they won't recognise me when I'm with my friends outside of school.

I left the premises giving it my farewell until tomorrow while I drove home, I turned up the music as I hit the by-pass towards my house. My fingers tapping on the steering wheel to the rhythm of the bass drum in the music, my eyes looked at the scenery as I neared my exit towards the countryside leading me into the middle of nowhere. I followed the winding roads into a cul-de-sac, pulling up at the second house on the left.

I turned the engine off as my door opened revealing my friend Ryan standing there with a smile, making me anxious of what he's planned for the two of us today. I climbed out my car, grabbing my bag on the way out as he shut the door for me when I turned and faced him with a sigh.