Promise

I lay on the soft metal death bed, my lover and i hand in hand. 

"Tom, what will happen after all of this?"

"John I- I don't know. I don't think i can move on now. It's been 5 years, I just- I can't." he said, voice breaking and tears streaming down his face. I coughed an intense cough, one that scorned and tore my throat. My eyes lit dim and face turned white, I looked at him with tears of anguish and sorrow. My words ran soft and lips grew weak, it was the end. But I spoke, and I spoke in low tones and the words drained from my mouth.

"Tom, please. Don't be sad, just remember the memories, the good times we made it through, even the bad one. When I ran all the way to your house that cold summer night with my laptop when I told my parents I was gay. When we sat on that grassy hill in the middle of winter to listen to that Coldplay concert that you loved. When We sat by Starcross Pond to see the lamps glisten and the cherry blossoms fall to the cool water. When you and I accidentally set our tree on fire on the 4th of July when you set off those bottle rockets. When we first met at age 16 and we would always just hang out and play video games together on your T.V. until that day, that one day. The day when I  tripped when we were racing through your living  room but you caught me and accidentally dipped me and we just stood there," I coughed, "Now please, just give me this one thing." My vision started to blur. "Yes, anything Smarty- I mean John. I smirked. "Just please- Promise me you won’t forget."