A Merry Christmas, Indeed

"Come on, Dan!" Phil struggled to drag his best friend out of bed. After a few minutes, Phil finally pulled him onto the floor.

"Ouch! What'd you do that for? I was trying to sleep!" Dan said, rubbing his head where it had hit who knows what.

"I know that, that's why I'm trying to get you up! Don't you remember? We're Christmas shopping today!"

Dan smiled, he couldn't stay mad at someone as adorable as Phil. Truth was, he'd had a crush on his best friend for a couple years. But Phil would never like him, I mean, why would he? Dan snapped back to reality at the sound of Phil's voice.

"What did you say?" Dan asked.

"I said, you need to get off the floor and get ready! It's already nine!" At that, Phil left the room, giving Dan the opportunity to get dressed. He slipped on a black sweater and some jeans. Still being half asleep, he walked sluggishly to the front door. There Phil stood, waiting impatiently for his friend. When he finally approached, Phil practically dragged him out the door.

When they reached their destination, they went inside the store with ideas for presents for their friends. Unfortunately, it being the day before Christmas, there were no more of a lot of things left.

After searching three more stores, they set off to the next. Only this time, when they went outside, Phil plopped down onto a park bench. Dan walked over to his friend.

"What's wrong?" he asked him. Phil stood up.

"There's nothing to get our friends, we can't just not buy them anything. What are we gonna do?" Phil asked. Dan shrugged and looked around him. When he looked up, he gasped a little at what he saw. This was his chance, to finally have an excuse to kiss Phil.

"Phil, look up," he said. When he did, he gasped a little as well.

"Mistletoe," he said. Dan nodded.

"Yep," he said, and with that, he tilted Phil's head towards his, and closed the gap between their lips. Lips touched, shyly kissing. Phil suddenly became dominant, wrapping his arms around Dan's waist and pulling him closer. Dan wrapped his arms around Phil's neck and pulled his hat off, entangling his fingers in his hair. It wasn't until they heard a quiet squeal that they broke the kiss to see where it had come from.

Right in front of them stood two girls, no doubt Phangirls. They squealed again and ran off, giggling like maniacs. Phil sat down on the bench again and Dan sat beside him.

"Merry Christmas, Phil," Dan said, wrapping his arms around him. Phil snuggled up to Dan and sighed happily.

"A merry Christmas indeed."