Prologue

A month before

     Jason

"Did you cheat on me?" She asked quietly. Calmly. As if she were asking if I would like a cup of coffee. 

Akward quietness filled the kitchen. Tension was present. Guilt filled my organs liked a disease. 

"Jason?" She sounded a bit agitated now.

Nervously I responded, " No, now why would you think that?" 

"No reason. I was just wondering, but I believe you. " she said looking at me now with doubt etched in her facial features. And the doubt has every right to be there.

You see last night was the party before school starts. It was big. Everyone was there. Now Teuan and I went together because we are a couple. Everyone knew that. We even had those hers and his t-shirts. Corny but sweet. Since she wanted them I got them for her. She was there when I needed her but didn't share her feelings much. She was strong. Independent. A force to be reckoned with.

She looked beautiful last night but she always does. She had a mini black dress on. She had her just cut her hair to shoulder length which was what she has been wanting to do for a long time and her parents wouldn't let her. Her hair was straightened and she had no makeup on just her natural skin. Brown eyes. Brown hair. And brown skin. Her high cheek bones that she hated. 

Anyway, Teuan left because she had a strict curfew, 11 pm or my balls are off were her father's words. She said I could stay when her father came to pick her up. 5 minutes early. So I did. And the drinks came, " Just one!" turned to " Okay one more" until I was pissed ass drunk and couldn't tell the difference between one and one hundred and one. Then Janet came. Red head. Green eyes. Not too much makeup. I was suddenly in the bathroom with her. Moans and grunts. Orgasms. Sleeping. And I woke up naked.

 So I guess I cheated on Teuan. But it wasn't intentional. I dont even remember everything properly and the memories are like pictures, snippets. Anyway this is just high school. These relationships never last. Well I don't expect it to.

  Teuan

I asked him so nicely. He said he didn't do it but the guilt was there. I know he did it. Janet has been after him for 2 years now. Him and I have been together for 3. I have hope that he will tell me when he is ready. Now how I found out is quite cute actually. 

An hour after I got home I got a voice note from an unknown number. I don't usually bother with unknown numbers but I thought it was Jason texting from someone else's phone. Oh, it was Jason alright but instead of a cute midnight voice note I was accumstomed to, I heard the grunting, the moaning, the "Oh Jesus, you're perfect Janet." Now I don't cry for shit. I cry if I lose someone close to me. I mean my mother calls me the cement wall of the family except with all emotions but sadness. Yep, she even called me psychotic once cause I don't share my feelings enough. 

Maybe that's why Jason did what he did. I mean I didn't even cry when I figured out what was going on in the voice note. Or maybe he went for a release. Because I wasn't giving up my virginity to just anyone. So he found Janet, the Busty Red Head. If he tells me, I'll shout, scream a bit, just because I'm dramatic like that then go shout and scream a bit at Janet then Jason and I will make up. Sounds easy enough, right?