Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I sat silently on the chair in front of the office. Fynn sat silently across from me. The receptionist had told us to wait there, until the principal was ready to see us.I avoid any eye contact with Fynn. It was all his fault we were in this mess.

My parents were going to absolutely kill me. They were pretty serious about school, even if my grades slipped, I got a stern talking to. And the fact that my Mom didn’t even approve of the school I was attending, it would just make matters worse.

“Leah. Psst, Leah.” Fynn tried to get my attention by waving his hands, but there was no way I was engaging. The receptionist had told us to sit quite. She was cranky old lady and I really didn’t want her to give out.

“Leah, I’m sorry. Please don’t shut me out.”

Something in his voice made me look. I’m not sure what it was but he just sounded so genuine, so sincere.

Sighing, I rolled my eyes and glanced over at him. He smiled slightly, his eyes lighting up as he did so.

I didn’t know what it was about Fynn but he  kept drawing me, kept bringing my attention back to him. Never had I ever met someone who did that to me, not even Alice.

Fynn glanced over at the receptionist's desk and then back at me. He nodded his head quickly towards his desk.

I slowly moved my stare over to the desk and noticed that the  receptionist was gone.

Fynn grinned at me and stood us from his seat. Then, with a few quick strides, he was over to me and pulling me up from my chair.

“What the hell are you doing?” I hissed at him, as he took my arm and pulled me up from the chair.

Fynn shushed me, and began pulling me down the hallway. His head kept moving from side to side, as he was seemingly keeping a lookout for any passing authoritative people.

I pushed my heels into the ground but that didn't stop him, it barely even halted him at all. He was a lot stronger than he appeared.

Once we had passed the receptionist’s desk, he took into a sprint, all the time pulling me along with him.

Fynn looked back at me, grinning from ear to ear and it was in the moment I stopped trying to slow him down.

I was going to have some fun for once in my life.

*******

I had no idea where we were going and I wasn’t so sure Fynn knew either. I couldn’t help but keep looking around, terrified that someone was going to catch us. Fynn on the other hand didn’t seem to have a care in the world. He strolled through the place like he owned it. It was hard to remember that Fynn only came to the town weeks ago, sometimes it felt like he knew everything about it.