Chapter 1 | Back from pizza

I walked in the Institute, as I'd just come back from the pizza place down the road. James my best best and only friend walks behind me. "Tash know I still can't believe that you can eat so much!" exclaimed James.
It's not my fault I was hungry I thought to myself. I didn't eat any more than him. James started to talk about something else but I wasn't listening. We walked into the kitchen to see Cassandra and John sitting at the table waiting for us. "James could leave us for a second?" asked Cassandra. "Okay mum," replied James.

Cassandra and John were looking me. "Natasha we would like to talk to you," said Cassandra. I could hear James's steps echoing in the distance. "What would you like to talk about, if it my last mission I wasn't expecting it to blow up all over me," said in my defence.
"It's not about that," replied John, " We've had an offer from the Clave that you could do an exchange."

"An exchange? but that could be anywhere and James what about him, would he go to?," the questions started to pour out of my mouth. I couldn't do it it would mean leaving everything behind, including James.

Before they could stop me I ran out of the kitchen. I could here them calling my name as I ran through the corridors of the institute. I got to the stairs that lead to the roof and ran up them.

At top of the stairs I found James waiting for me. "What did my parents want?" ask James looking at me with his blue eyes looking calm.
"The Clave wants me to go an exchange, they said they don't know where. after that I ran out of the kitchen,"told him calmly. I knew he would want me to go.
"It think it's a great opportunity for you, you could go anywhere and that could mean anything," started James.
"Don't know if I should go or stay here. I know it could change my life but do I want change?" as I started to talk I saw James sitting calmly on on of the many on the roof. "I didn't think I would get into all this," waving my hands to show my point ", after getting pizza." James started laughing so did I.