☕️128☕️

I found an email from Nina which shocked me. I opened the email which was short and kinda formal.

To Ms Heather Gilmore

Myself and a client would like to set up a meeting, regarding Final Body and future work.

Please meet us at the Rainbow Room at noon for Brunch

Yours sincerely

Nina Russo

"Damn," I muttered. Roxy looked up at me and I gave her a little scratch on the head.

"Jess, I'm off out," I called to him. "I have a meeting!"

"Nina?" he wondered.

"Yep," I called back. I put on my trench coat and got into my car.

I got there twenty minutes early and I made it in. "Ms Gilmore?" the maître d' asked me.

"Yes," I confirmed my identity. "Your table is this way."

He led me over to a table where Nina was sitting with...MARTIN SCORSESE!

"Oh...my.." I stuttered. "This is the writer of Final Body I take it," Martin assumed. "Yes, Columbia graduate Heather Gilmore," Nina told him.

"Have a seat," he said and I sat down. "I have an offer for you," he told me. "Are you familiar with the works of James Cameron?"

"Yes sir," I answered him. "Well when I look for assistant directors, I turn to Nina here and Nina recommended you, so I had to seek you out to see what a talented young girl you are, the writer and basically director of 'Final Body' and over the summer, the assistant director would basically be the number two, get up and close to the workings of one of Hollywood's finest," he asked me.

"I'd love to," I accepted. "But how long would I be gone?"

"You'd be gone all summer, bouncing between Los Angeles and New Zealand," he told me. "You get to bring someone, maybe a boyfriend or a fiancé, you'll be back on time for your new job and as for 'Final Body' it's well on its way towards an Academy Award, be proud of yourself, it was a pleasure to meet you."

"You too," I responded. "If you'll excuse me," he left the table, leaving me and Nina. "This is big," she told me. "You up for this?"

"Definitely," I told Nina.

***

"Obama?!"

"Cameron?!"

Me and Rory were telling each other our big job offers. She'd be campaigning for Barack Obama while I was working for James Cameron.

We walked into Friday Night Dinner. Late as hell and we shared our news.

"Girls that's great!" Mom exclaimed.

"So that's the last time we'll see both of you for God knows how long," Grandma sighed

"I guess," I mumbled.

The three of us went for coffee as me and Rory would be gone by the end of the week.

Luke came out. "Hey Rory, Heather," he greeted us. "Hey Luke, those burgers and hot dogs, I need you to cancel them," Mom said.

"Oh..why?" Luke wondered. "Because I'm cancelling the party," Mom announced.

"Did you just say Rory and Heather's graduation party is cancelled?!" Kirk demanded.

"Rory and Heather got jobs," Mom explained. "Heather is working with James Cameron on a movie called Avatar and Rory is campaigning for Barack Obama," Mom explained.