23.4

The next night, Nat and Dom go to the club that Dom was invited to by Campos. Nat rolls her eyes as she sees Brian playing pool before she and Dom go to the bar.

"That's too bad about Dwight," Brian says as he sits on the other side of Nat. "Having the Feds raid your house the same night you make the team. So, unfortunate."

"I wish I could say I was surprised to see you here," Dom says as Nat takes a long drink of her beer. "What's to stop someone from telling them you're a cop?"

"Probably the same thing that's keeping me from telling them why you're really here," Brian answers him.

"What up, fellows?" Campos asks as he walks up behind Nat, clapping Dom and Brian on the shoulders. "Come on, lets have a better time." Campos leads them over to the VIP section. "How's your car? It took a nasty bump."

"It'll be ready," Brian answers him as Nat sits in Dom's lap.

"I also heard you just got out of county," Campos tells Brian.

"Yeah?" Dom asks Brian. "You know a guy named Jim Garcia?"

"Nah. Big place. Lots of names, lots of faces," Brian answers him.

"And you, you're wanted by a lot of people," Campos says as he turns to Dom.

"Yeah, that kind of heat can't be good for business," Brian retorts.

"Yeah, well, that depends on how you look at things," Nat tells him with a smirk.

"I go down. I do time. I do real time," Dom explains. "I don't know about your other drivers, but when I see flashing lights in my mirror, I don't stop."

"Do you three know each other?" Campos asks as he leans back in his chair to look at all of them.

"I'm his sister and I'm with him," Nat answers him as she motions to Brian before motioning to Dom.

"And he used to date my sister," Dom says as he motions to Brian.

"I see," Campos says with a smile. "You're a lucky man."

"How's that?" Brian asks him.

"You're still breathing," Campos answers him causing Nat to giggle. Campos hands a shot to Brian. "To the ladies and men, we've loved and the ladies and men we've lost. Salute."

"So, what's Braga about?" Brian asks after they take the shots.

"You know, he's just one of us. Came up from the streets. Down to el barrio. Now he's a shot caller. The boss of bosses. See all these cats in here? Any one of them would die for Braga," Campos explains.

"Including you?" Nat asks him.

"Especially me," Campos answers her. A man walks over before speaking in Campos' ear. "Enjoy the party, fellows and lady. Club's yours. Whatever you want, booze, broads, men, it's all good."

"Braga's mine. I'm taking the whole house down," Brian tells them before getting up. Dom and Nat make their way to the dance floor before Dom catches sight of Fenix, who is getting off of the elevator that goes to the garage. Dom starts making his way to the elevator as Nat gets lost in the crowd as she tries to follow him. Dom makes his way down to the garage before looking around. He finds the green Ford Torino that he has been looking for. Nat makes her way down the elevator. Nat walks out to see Gisele walking towards Dom, who has his back to her. Nat quickly hides behind a car as she watches the two.

"Something interests you about this car?" Gisele asks Dom.

"Just admiring the body work," Dom answers her.

"Are you one of those boys who prefers cars to women?" Gisele asks him as she walks in front of him.

"I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make," Dom answers her causing Nat to roll her eyes. "Your car?"

"It's Fenix's car," Gisele answers him as she walks around him. "You'll meet him at the rendezvous. He'll be leading you." Gisele sits on the hood of the car. "So, now that I know your taste in cars, tell me, what about your women?" Nat wanted nothing more than to hit Gisele for flirting with her man.

"It all starts with eyes. She's got to have those kind of eyes that can look right through the bullshit to the good in someone," Dom starts explaining causing Nat to really listen. Dom gets a small smile on his face as he thinks about Nat, since that is who he is subscribing. "20% angel, 80% devil. Down to earth. Ain't afraid to get a little engine grease under her fingernails."

"That doesn't sound anything like me," Gisele says as she stands in front of Dom.

"It ain't," Dom tells her before going back to the party to find Nat. With a smile on her face, Nat sneakily follows Dom back to the party before they meet up.

 With a smile on her face, Nat sneakily follows Dom back to the party before they meet up