☕️121☕️

The buzzer for the apartment went off early in the morning. "What time is it?" I asked Jess groggily.

"Too early," he sighed.

"Thanks," I grumbled and got out of bed. I looked over at the clock, which said five, making me sigh.

I walked over to the intercom and pressed the button. "Who are you and why do you hate sleep?"

"Hon, can you let me in?"

Mom?

I pressed the button and I found a wide awake Mom coming up the stairs.

"What's wrong?" I asked her. "Wanna go for a drive?" she asked me. I nodded and I put on shoes. I had a plain grey vest with Columbia sweatpants on.

Mom drove to Yale to get Rory and the three of us just sat in the car. "So..we're driving," Rory noted. "Last night, your dad and I split up," Mom broke the news.

"I'm sorry," Rory mumbled. "Are you okay?" I asked her. "Yep, driving, moving forward," she told me. "It just wasn't right, we split up and he's moving out, what do guys think?"

"That we're really sorry," I piped up. "And kind of not surprised," Rory added. "It was exciting but it never felt right."

"He'll still be in our lives, so will Gigi," Mom told us. "But telling my mother, ew."

The car suddenly stopped by the side of the road. "We're out of gas," Mom sighed. "Crap, I don't have my phone with me."

"I don't either," I mumbled. "Nor me," Rory sighed.

"We're gonna walk to the gas station..and get gas," Mom mumbled and the three of us got out and started walking.

***

Mom rang the doorbell and the maid answered the door. "Coats?" she asked us, holding her arms out.

"Living room," she stuttered and ran.

Damn, Grandma must be cracking the whip. "Hello Rory, Heather, Lorelai," she greeted us. "You sure Dad is up to this?" Mom asked her.

"Well why wouldn't he be?" Grandma asked us. "He just got out of hospital," Mom pointed out. "Is Christopher coming?" Grandma asked her.

"No," Mom answered her. "Oh, that's a shame," Grandma muttered. "Drinks?"

"Martini, twist," Mom told her. "No alcohol," Grandma said.

Grandpa came down the stairs with his nurse. "Rory, Heather, Lorelai," he greeted us. "How are you?" Mom asked him.

"Like a man who was torn away from a good golf match," he grumbled. "Would you like a mocktail?"

"I'd like to eat," Grandpa muttered. "But dinner's..we'll eat now then," Grandma mumbled, going off.

We sat down at the table and Grandpa wasn't happy with fish. Sea bass for dinner tonight.

"Anyone seen good movies lately?" Mom asked them. "No," Grandma muttered. "Heather, when is your film reaching the cinema?"

"I have the exact day, May fourth," I told her. "The fish is bland," Grandpa muttered.

"Would you like lemon-dill sauce?" Grandma asked him. "No," he replied. "I'm full and I'm going back to my golf, goodnight girls."

"Richard!" Grandma yelled after him and went after him.

***

"Don't say it," I warned him. "The walls were a neon pink," Jess pointed out.

"Then we will paint them," I told him. "And we can hold hands, skip, have sex, whatever."

"Wow," Jess started laughing. "But I liked the one before."

"Proper house, three bedrooms," I looked at it. "Two bathrooms and two offices," Jess added.

I turned back. "We're getting it, this is our dream and I'm not letting some other asshole steal our house."

The thing was great and it was three hundred grand and I paid. "Hey you should've let me chip in a bit," Jess told me. "Hey, you give me enough by not running away from me the second you found out I was evil," I told him.

"So, this is ours?"

"This is ours and I'm keeping my chair in my office," I told him. "I knew there was a catch," Jess laughed.

"But it's a really nice house," I summed up. "It is," he agreed.

We had a look around and it was all beautiful. This was going to be my life.