Part One

“Hey guys, wait up!” said scootaloo as she ran after her new friends. Since apple bloom had gone to the outdoor camp, and Sweetie Belle went with her sister rarity to a fashion event in canter lot for a whole month, scoots was left by herself. “Might as well make more pegasi friends” she thought. Soon, the other fillies and colts were taking off into the air, flapping their wings vigorously as they climbed higher and higher. Scootaloo watched from below, not making the effort to fly. She knew she couldn’t. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t get farther than an inch from the ground. She sighed wearily as she headed for the tree house. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she entered the dark room, and curled up in a ball in the corner. She closed her eyes and drifted into a deep sleep. In her dream, she was flying with dash, racing her around clouds dale. She was laughing and dash was too. Everything was perfect.

            She awoke to the sound of heavy rain hitting the roof top. The door opened and in stumbled Rainbow Dash. “Dash?” scootaloo asked as she stood up. “Yeah, it’s me.” She seemed slightly..Drunk? “What’s wrong?” scootaloo asked nervously. “I came to see you, and to tell you something” Dash giggled at herself and took a step into the moonlight shining through the window. “What is it?” scoots asked as she fluttered her wings in excitement. She examined Dash and noticed her messy rainbow mane, and the smell that emanated off her was horrific. “You can’t fly scoots. You know that right?” she said sternly. “Y-yes I can, eventually. My wings just aren’t fully grown yet and i…” she was cut off. “YOU CAN NEVER FUCKING FLY.” Dash took a deep breath. “Your worthless scoots. Even your drug addict parents didn’t want you, don’t you get that?” Dash giggled as she continued. “You will never amount to anything, and you will never fly.” Scootaloo was frozen. Why was dash saying all of this? What did she do? Rainbow laughed and stumbled out of the house, taking off into the rain. Scootaloo remained where she was, unmoving, unfeeling.