☕️95☕️

"Guess who's back!" Mom announced as me, her and Rory burst through the door of Luke's.

"Why, I believe it's those adorable Gilmore girls!" I laughed.

We ended up going to Atlantic City, the three of us for our belated birthday.

"Me and Hezzy pretended we were just turning twenty one," Rory told Luke as he sat down to listen to the details of our trip.

"Hezzy is the expert at cards," Mom praised me. "We ended up buying our twenty one things," I smiled.

"Hopefully you left out the twenty one guys," Luke muttered. "I can't give you an answer to that," Mom giggled.

"We were drunk walking and we saw your clone and we followed him, seeing him do his rendition of Jolene was particularly entertaining," I said.

***

"Morning," I mumbled once I opened my eyes. "Morning," Jess yawned. "You hungry?" I asked him.

"We going out already?" he asked me. "No, I'm cooking," I told him, getting out of bed.

"You cook? Since when?!"

"Since the start of freshman year," I told him, smirking. "You never told me that," Jess sat up, looking cute with his bed head.

"There wasn't an occasion," I said simply. "You told me about you being in a Yale secret society with the jerk from a couple of weeks ago but left that bit out?" Jess asked me.

"Yes, you knew what you were getting into Mariano," I smirked. "I know that," he said, walking over. He pulled me in and brushed his lips over mine.

We went into the kitchen and surprisingly, no Andrea. "Are Andrea and Dave fighting or something?" Jess asked me.

"I don't know, but she always reeks of sex in the morning," I said, looking in the fridge for the bacon.

"Do you have work today?" Jess wondered. "I don't just my mythology class, we're re-enacting Chronos and Helen of Troy." 

"Good luck," Jess said. "Thank you," I smiled.

***

That Wednesday, I visited Rory in Yale and she was bringing me up to her apartment. "Logan's back..huh?" I mumbled. 

"Yeah, I've been trying my best to avoid him," Rory told me. "I was lucky."

She unlocked the door and the apartment looked very run down. "Aye, aye, aye," I grimaced.

"Yeah Mom had the same reaction," Rory admitted.

We went to the bar near campus and got fries. "So, how's Jess?" she asked me. "He's good, he stays over at the apartment three nights a week," I told her. 

"Ooh three nights," Rory smiled. "So June third is the big day," I smiled. "I know, I'm so excited," she told me. My phone started ringing and my eyes widened. 

"Who is it?"

"It's Nina," I told her. "Hello?"

"Heather! Your film was a success!" 

"Really?" I gasped. "Sweetheart, you're talented, take it and run," she said. "Me and Nathaniel have made a decision to release it to cinemas this time next year, let all the Sundance money roll in first." 

"So January, February next year?" I wondered. "Something along those lines, we'll be sending your share of the funds this movie brought in, I thought I'd give you the good news." 

"Thank you Nina," I said. "No problem, give Tessa a hug for me, she's a sweet girl." 

She hung up the phone. "What's going on?" Rory asked me. "She told me Final Body was a hit, the critics loved it, they're sending my share of what the movie made in Sundance and..." I explained. "And it's gonna be shown worldwide in cinemas early next year."

"Oh my God! That's amazing!" Rory came over and hugged me tightly. "We have to go to the premiere together." 

"Well, maybe I might ask Nina if she can organise a private screening for family and close friends," I suggested. 

"That would be amazing," Rory told me. "Mom will be so happy."

***

"Why did you bring me to this thing?" I asked Rory. "It's recommended for a family member to be there," Rory answered me.

"Yeah like Mom, not your twin," I told her.

We walked into Dr Shapiro's office. "Thank you for being here Ms Gilmore," he said. "We're here to talk about your sister leaving school."

"Alright," I muttered. "Is it true you had legal problems?" he asked Rory. "Yes," she answered him.

"But stealing a boat is very serious," he told her. "Well I was upset," Rory told him. "About life and things."

"You spent a night in jail and your sister here paid bail, how did that feel?"

"Yes, I spent a night in jail, what's the big deal?" she grumbled.

"Rory," I tried to calm her down before she exploded. "And you were arrested with your boyfriend?" he wondered.

"Is this relevant?" I asked him. "Yes, it is," he barked at me.

"Yes I did, he was my boyfriend but not anymore," Rory ranted. "We broke up, or should I say broke up with me via his sister!"

"Wait what?" I frowned. "Exactly! I thought we were taking time to cool off! But I'm a moron!"

"This is Logan Huntzberger?" Dr Shapiro asked Rory. "Yes! He freaking ambushed me in the hallway! He disappears! No call! No text! Then he just shows up out of nowhere!" she went on a rampage. "And then he just tells me that he loves me! Is he serious! When did Jess tell you he loved you?!"

"Rory, you're mad at Logan, not me, calm down sis," I tried my best. 

"But what's gonna happen now Heather?"

"I really don't know the answer."

"I'll probably get another present and he will decide that he doesn't love me!"

Rory burst into tears and cried into my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her. "Look what he's done! You really think I would have done this with Dean?!"

"I'm sorry but who is Dean?" Dr Shapiro asked me. "Her ex," I told him. "Who took my virginity while he was married!" she yelled into my jacket.

"Where did he first ambush you?" I asked Rory calmly. "Oh no!" she freaked out. "The coffee cart! I'm going to have to stop drinking coffee! I can't survive without it! What happens when a Gilmore stops drinking coffee?! Do you want to know the answer?"

"Not really," I answered, unsure as she wrapped her entire body around me, like a koala. "Rory," I soothed her. "Could you give us a minute doc?"

He nodded and Rory stayed where she was. Wrapped around me.

I was her rock, well one of the big ones. She always has me around.