𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

ALISON

Three. Three goddamn years.

"Baby, it'll be okay." My mom assured me as I stood there, a shaking and crying mess.

"I'm so scared." I blubbered. She rubbed my back, making me feel a little better.

A few months into their sentence, I got a call from Jax.

"I'm not calling you to tell you that he's dead cause he's not," I left out relieved sigh. "But he got stabbed."

"Fabulous," I said softly, rolling my eyes. "Okay, keep an eye on him."

"Will do, sis."

"Keep an eye on yourself too, okay?"

"Got it," he said, the smile evident in his voice. "Watch the boys for me."

"And Tara?" I mumbled. She and I had a falling out since apparently I singlehandedly put Jackson into too much danger.

"I know how much you hate her, she'll be fine." He stated.

"Okay, big brother."

"Okay little sister, be careful. I have to go, I love you."

"Mhm," I mumbled. "I love you too." I shut the phone and set my head on the table as exhaustion hit me like a freight train.

"Ali?" Lyla's voice was small. She thought she wasn't allowed in the room.

"You can come sit down, lyla." I giggled softly, gesturing to the seat that Jax would normally sit in.

"I was thinking," she sat down. "You're the only girl in here that I'm actually best friends with." I stood and shut the door behind her.

"The feeling is mutual," I smiled, sitting down. "What's up?"

"I'm scared for Opie, I mean, he's so brave—"

"He's one of my best friends, practically a brother. He's brave because he loves and wants the best for all of us." I told her. I could see the worry in her eyes.

"I guess you're right." She said softly. I stood at the same time she did and embraced her.

"He'll be okay, hun."