☕️68☕️

"Oh, Sebastian! Could you come here for a second?"

Me, Andrea, Sophia and Claire were having a girls night in our apartment, watching Cruel Intentions.

"My God, Sebastian is so hot," Sophia basically drooled over him. "So basically, Buffy has a hard on for her step brother," Andrea tried to figure out the plot. "And she makes a bet, if he doesn't have sex with Reese Witherspoon, she gets his car, if he does, they have sex, right?"

"Basically," we all said in unison. "Jesus," Andrea muttered, sitting back. "I thought her fighting over Angel and Spike was bad enough."

Claire threw popcorn at her. "But out of the three of them?"

"Him, definitely," I laughed.

"Yeah, him," Andrea finally agreed with us. "So how does it end?"

"Why do we have a law student here?" Claire looked at me. "Shush, you'll find out."

Andrea looked at me for help and I just shrugged.

***

"Did I wear this last Friday?" Mom asked us. "I don't think so," Rory mumbled. "Because I am going in there to see my mother, wearing the same thing I wore last Friday," she insisted.

"I don't know," I shrugged.

Mom rang the doorbell and the new maid let us in. We walked in and sat on the sofa. "Can I get you anything to drink?" the maid asked us. "A martini," Mom requested. "A coke," Rory spoke up. "Same here," I added.

"Shouldn't we wait for my mother?" Mom wondered, looking around to see no Grandma around.

"Mrs Gilmore isn't here," she told us. Mom's jaw dropped. "She's not?!"

"Where is she?" I asked the maid.

"She's at a dinner for the children's hospital," she told me. "Then we should probably head back then," Rory mumbled.

"Little rude, she could have called," Mom grumbled. "Or, we could order pizza and eat it on the floor with paper plates," I suggested. "Evil!" Mom gasped proudly. "Can you bring us a phone book please?"

"Let's go crazy," Rory smiled. "Anyway I have gossip," Mom told us. "Sherry left your dad and abandoned her daughter."

Me and Rory looked at each other, shocked. "I have this crazy thing to do but I need help," she blurted out. "Okay," I nodded.

"This you'll find interesting."

"Hit me," I smiled. "There's this ancient society called the Life and Death Brigade, only members were Yale and Columbia students were in it apparently, can I ask that you poke around for me a little around campus?"

"I'll do my best, I want in," I smiled. "Consider it done," Rory smiled. "You are my informant!"

The next day in Columbia, I was looking through Columbia's archives. I found loads of pictures. "Whoa," I gasped. I took pictures with my camera and I rushed to the computer to write my email to Rory.

Hey Ror

Attached is some stuff from the Columbia archives.

I am your official informant ;)

Keep me posted

Your evil twin, Hezzy.

***

I heard a continuous buzzing in my apartment. I got out of my bed in my pyjamas and stumbled towards the intercom. "Hello?"

"Hezzy, can I come in?"

"Sure," I yawned. I pressed the button and I opened the door. "I woke you up, didn't I?" Rory asked me. "Well my schedule has changed, I have two lectures a week instead of three," I told her.

"I need your help on something, only our twin power can do it," Rory told me as she plonked herself down onto the couch.

Her eyes drifted towards the entertainment centre and she gasped. "You watched Cruel Intentions without me!"

"I saw it when it first came out," I told her. "Now updates, go!"

"Rich boy is named Logan," she told me. "Logan," I nodded. "Is he attractive?"

"He sunk his father's yacht one time," Rory avoided the question. "Okay, never mind," I mumbled. "But he is attractive," Rory told me. "And he's a playboy."

"Never a good thing, go on," I nodded. "I got to do features for the Yale Daily News," she smiled. "Now your news."

"Risa is keeping me until after Black Friday and starting the week before Christmas, I'll be a bartender in the Rainbow Room," I smiled.

She was about to open her mouth. "Yes, there's a friends and family discount," I muttered. "Twenty percent."

"Nice," Rory smiled. "Pretty boy Logan can take you there," I teased her.

I looked at my watch. "Hold on a second."

I opened Andrea's door and I screamed and so did she. Very loudly. Like a nine or ten year old girl. I'm seeing pigtails and a pink frilly skirt.

Andrea is a heavy sleeper but my screaming wakes her up.

"I hate you!"

"Fix your alarm!"

I came back into the living room. "Her alarm clock is broken," I explained. "So," I sat down on the couch. "You didn't come here to learn about my new job, what's up?"

"I need to talk to you about Dad," Rory told me. "Dad? Is he okay?"

"Yeah but..you know the way whenever Mom finds her way towards happiness...with another guy..Dad finds a way to worm his way in and wreck the relationship and then leaves Mom," she said.

"Sounds familiar," I nodded. "I don't want this to happen with Mom and Luke, they're perfect for each other and I don't want him to spoil that, then break Mom's heart and run off again," she explained.

"Did he call Mom?" I asked Rory. "Yeah...is it bad that we kind of forgot that we have a sister?" she wondered.

I snorted. "Trust me, you're not the only one."

"You want me to come with you to tell him to back off then?" I wondered. "Yes please, I feel like the message will be stronger coming from us both."

***

We both went to Dad's place and he looked happy to see us. "Come on in," he said.

"We can't stay long," I told him, stuffing my hands into my pockets. "Oh, okay," he muttered.

"We don't want you calling Mom anymore," I said to him. "What?" he looked confused and taken aback.

"We want you to stay away from her," Rory added. "She's in a relationship and she's doing really great and for the first time in a long time, she's happy!"

"I think that's great," he said.

Lies!

"But you'll mess it up," I grumbled. "Every time you come back it ends the same way. Mom's crying and you're not being there. Next time you need help, call anyone but not her."