12

A 12 year old girl was trying to do her maths homework at 1 o'clock in the night. She was distracted. She was waiting til he came home. He usually hates it when she waits for him to come home. But she waits anyway. Sometimes she falls asleep so to stop herself in doing so she makes herself busy. From house work, entertainment and school work. She has already done all the house work.  She even made dinner, ate and left in the microwave for him.

So now she got started in her homework. This was a good excuse she could tell him too.

She always hated maths. It wasnt her cup of tea. She was a genius in arts subjects. But maths was never her strong suit.

She did all the queations but she felt like most of them were wrong. Oh well she didnt care that much. At least she tried.

She was about to close her books when the 18 year old boy came. He didnt look  18 though he looked much older. He had to manage so much for a 18 year.  At first he just walked in staright into the kitchen area without realizing she was there sitting on the two seat dining table. She stayed silent and observed him. Hoping he wouldnt relaize she was still awake and he would just go to sleep.

He opened the microwave and paused.

In a flash of light he had his pointed his gun towards her .

" ahhh" she screamed. " whyyy???"

"Rosa?" He asked slowly quickly trying to hide the gun back. "Rosa! What have I told you about going to sleep!? Look at the fucking time! If you miss school tomorrow i swear to god Rosa im not going to deal with your school calling. Im not your fucking father to put you to fucking bed!"

She was shocked. The gun. The cursing. The words. It all hit her. it hurt her.

Her eyes was filled with tears.

She slowly got up with her head down.

"Im sorry" she said it in a small voice and ran to her room. In this apartment there were only two rooms. She got the biggest room. He helped her design it how ever she want. He wanted to give her anything she wanted. What ever she didnt have before.

She closed her door and got on to bed and the flood of emotions started. She couldnt hold it in anymore.

She knew he wasnt her father. He kept on reminding her that he was not her family. She knew he wasnt her blood related family. But he was the only one she got. She felt like he does so much for her.

He usually never yells at her.  Today he made her feel so bad.

Softly as she cried, he was outside feeling remorse. His day had been a shitty one. His boss gave him some work that no one wanted to do. He was forced to do it. Since she was still legally under his bosses care, his boss uses this for his advantage. His boss threatened to give her away to a far away orphanage. He felt so much anger. He didnt want to part ways with her. He was attached to her. He hates his boss so much he took most of his anger on the work he was given and a little bit on rosa. He looked at the placw where she was sitting.

Such a silly girl. What was she doing all this time. He didnt mean to point a gun at her. He thought she was an intruder. With his workline and his reputation he had to watch out for intruders. He wished he never pointed a gun at her. He regretted that so much.

He then saw her books and he went through them. He didnt have to examine them closer with one glance he had the picture of the pages forever. He knew she was struggling with maths. The problem on the page was like breathing air to him. It was actually nothing. He felt bad so he got an idea.

The next day she strangely found her bag packed, breakfast made on the table ( burnt scramble eggs) he sucks at cooking, so she thought this was his way of apologising to her. She ate in anyway and went to school.

At school she got to know from her friend that their teacher was grading their maths homework. Luckily that day she had maths after lunch. So she took the opportunity and instead of going yo the cafeteria she went to thr library with her friends homework to copy. What surprised her was that there her English book tucked in her maths book. When she opened them she was shocked to see how somebody had writen maths notes on her English books. When she went through them she relaized it was a note on her homework. An in her maths book the pages she did the homework had notes pencil written on.

She knew who it was. It amazed her how he took the time to make notes for her and correct her in her homework. The notes helped her alot. She understood that entire lesson. She fept so happy at the end of the notes he had also put a small message for her.

Im sorry. Hope you understood the lesson.  Do your best.

That small note told her alot.

Present day

I woke up that day with that strange dream. It felt so realistic though.

It has been a 2 weeks since the club incident. The girls have calmed down. Jenna was maybe a bit freaked out. She has not gone out even once ever since then. She goes to collage and then back home.

I felt sorry for her. After that gaurd escorted me in front of the door he told me the boss wanted me get my injuries checked quickly. When I came into the apartment I was surrounded by the girls who were crying. They kept on apologising.

The next day we spoke about Mr cold eyes. They kept on asking me whether i knew him and all that. They were freaked out because apparently his guards bought them home without asking any of them directions. They knew where we lived. Hell even Mr cold eyes bought me back without asking me directions.

How did he know where i lived? Why did he help us? Who was he?

As these questions came into my head i started having these dreams everyday.

Damn it i had so much of questions.

I did my morning routine and walked ot of my room to be met with Rebecca who was day dreaming looking out the large window that gave a city view.

"Good morning" i greeted her snapping her back to reality.

"Hey... morning" she sounded very distant til she properly saw my face. "Are you okay? What wrong?"

I went towards the counter, "well... i had another dream" I started making some chocolate milk.

" really? Wow... what was it about?"

I told her my dream

"Somehow I dont know why but I feel like that guy didnt curse in front of her ever again. Well not like that anyways" i felt this soo strongly it was like my insticts was screaming at me.

" hmm.. well this is definitely your memories then dude."

Yeah i figured that part out. Damn it i have so much of questions. And I feel only one person would know the answers. Finally i looked at Rebbecca

"I need to find him."

"Mr. cold eyes?"

" yes"