Drunken Love

Edited - 06/23/2017

"A friend is somebody you want to be around when you feel like being by yourself." - Barbara Burrows

Lucy Grayson's POV

"Bottoms up!" Anya cheered as we chugged down our fourth shot of the evening.

I should've known that hitting her with my good news would only result in celebration, but who was I to stop her? Once she's set on doing something, there's no talking her out of it. Part of the reason why we were here is because Anya wanted to celebrate my college graduation and return to London. That and she was also looking for an excuse to attend Club Green-light's grand opening.

I wiped what was left of the liquor off my lips with the back of my hand and screwed my eyes shut from the burning sensation of tequila going down my throat. I slammed my glass down on the countertop once I finished swallowing and erupted in a series of giggles over the sound. I abruptly stopped laughing upon hearing the DJ change the track to Beyoncé's hit single, "Drunk in Love," and opened my eyes.

"Oh my god. This is like, my favorite song. Will you...will you dance withme, Anya?" I asked her, noticing how my words slurred together at the end.

The gorgeous blonde smiled and nodded eagerly before placing her glass on the table beside mine and escorting me over to the center of the dance floor. Our hips instantly swayed to the rhythm of the beat. I turned myself around and grinded my backside into Anya's front, raising my hands in the air. She responded by wrapping her arms around my waist and running her hands up and down my stomach before twirling me around. I dropped my hands to her curvy sides and rocked her into me, seductively biting my lip. Anya and I sang along to the words of the song while continuing to move our hips in sync.

"Fill the tub up halfway and ride it with my surfboard, surfboard, surfboard...I'm swerving on that, swerve, swerving, swerving on that big body...good good."

The moves we were displaying on the dancefloor managed to catch the attention of a group of men idling by the bar, but we were too focused on Beyoncé to care. Shutting my eyes, I tilted my head back in a smile when JZ's part came on and rapped the first few lyrics.

"That D'USSE is the shit, if I do say so myself...if I do say so myself."

The moment I reopened my eyes, I was no longer focused on dancing, but rather the group of men who were crowded around us. I tugged on Anya's arm and brought her attention to the men from the bar who stood only a few feet away from us. Our movements ceased as we exchanged nervous glances.

"Oh, ladies, don't stop on our account," The guy with scruffy blonde hair stated with a frown.

"Yeah, we just wanted better seats to watch the show," The man to his right added. "Have I seen you from somewhere before sweetheart?" he addressed his question to me, placing an unwanted hand on the bare part of my waist.

Not again. I can't let this happen again.

"N-no. I don't think so," I stuttered out, urgently stumbling back into Anya to escape another man's touch.

"Excuse us, but we have to run to the ladies room real quick," She lied to the men before taking my hand and dragging us toward the exit. We were about to walk out the club when I realized we left our purses on the counter.

"Anya, wait. We forgot our bags!" I yelled, eyes widening with the realization.

"So what. We can leave them. C'mon lets get you out of here," She said, attempting to proceed out the door with me, but I stayed put.