Chapter 1

Chapter 1

9th November 1987

The wind was howling outside Mercedes' bedroom window. The 6 year old turned to her clock on her bedside table. 6:09 AM it read. The light from the street lights flooded in through the window, shining on the tiny bear plushie sat on the end of her bed.

"Freddy!" Mercedes reached across her bed and held the toy bear in her small hands. She played with the tiny velvet bow tie on the chest of the teddy bear and ran her fingers over the top of the teddy bears velvet black hat on its head. "You're coming with me to see big Freddy on Saturday." Mercedes whispered, holding the bear close, wishing it could hear her.

Hours passed, and soon enough Mercedes' mother, Anne, came into her room to wake her up.

"Come on, Mercedes. Come downstairs and see your father. He's been working hard to pay for your birthday party! You can bring Freddy." Anne said, drawing the curtains, letting the light flood into Mercedes' room.

"Can Chica come too?" Mercedes asked, picking up the chicken plushie on the chair in the corner of the room. She cuddled it in her arms and Anne nodded. Mercedes smirked, still hugging the plushies, and began to follow her mother downstairs.

"Daddy!" Mercedes yelled, dropping the toys on the floor and running towards her father. She hugged him, and he hugged back. He looked tired, his hair was a mess underneath his hat, and his uniform was creased and filthy. "How was working with Freddy?" Mercedes asked, looking up at her father with big eyes. Her father, Jeremy, wanted to reply honestly, but if he did, Mercedes would be heart broken.

"It was- was amazing, darling." Jeremy put a fake smile on his worn face and looked towards his daughter. "I-I bet they c-can't wait to see you." Mercedes smiled before picking up Freddy and Chica and running away. "Anne, we can't let Mercedes have her birthday party at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza..."

"Why?" Anne was speechless. Jeremy knew that Mercedes loved the place, even when it was Fredbear's Family Diner. Mercedes had a special bond with the characters. She loved them to pieces.

"They've upgraded them. They're all different. And they want to kill me." Jeremy began to shake at the thought of the animatronic animals trying to kill him.

"Jeremy, honey, don't be stupid. They wouldn't let you have the job if it put you in danger. I bet you're just tired. Go upstairs and get some rest." Anne smiled, leaning in towards Jeremy and pecking his lips. Jeremy smiled, gathering his stuff and then began to head upstairs. "Mercedes, what do you want for breakfast?"

"Cereal! And Freddy wants pizza!" Mercedes began to giggle from the other room. Anne rolled her eyes and went into the kitchen to begin preparing some breakfast.

"Oh, and by the way, we have to go to Freddy's to confirm your party today, okay darling?" Anne mentioned as she began to pour cereal into the little pink and white bowl placed on the table.

“That’s okay, Mommy. Will we get to see big Freddy?” Mercedes asked as she ran into the kitchen with her two cuddly toys in her arms. She put Chica, the yellow chicken plushie, into the chair opposite her and then placed Freddy, the brown bear plushie into the chair next to her before she sat down in her own chair.

“Maybe. If you ask one of the employee’s, they might let you.” Anne said as she carefully poured milk into Mercedes’ bowl. “And you never know, I might buy you a pizza if you're lucky!” Anne chuckled taking a sip of milk for herself before patting her daughter on the head and sitting down in the one spare chair left around the table.

“Will you buy Freddy pizza?” Mercedes asked, a massive grin planted on her face. She then took another spoonful of cereal as Anne nodded again. “Yay!”

A couple of hours later, Anne and Mercedes found themselves at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza, confirming the date of Mercedes’ 7th birthday party. 14th November 1987.

“Mr, can I go and see big Freddy?” Mercedes politely asked to the man behind the counter wearing a Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza uniform, slightly different to her fathers. But, then again, her father wasn’t there in the day time.

“Sure, kid. It’s a free country, right.” The man said, motioning his hand towards the door leading to the stage where Freddy and his friends would be. “Thank you, ma’am. Enjoy your visit.” The man said before turning to the other side of the counter and talking to another customer.

“Come on then, lets go and see Freddy, Chica and Bonnie.” Anne smiled, taking Mercedes’ hand and walking through the double doors in front of them.

Children were screaming everywhere. The faint sound of music was playing, but you could hardly hear it over everybody. On the stage stood three animatronics that Mercedes couldn’t recognize.

“Mommy, who’s that? Where’s Freddy, Bonnie and Chica? What about Foxy?” Mercedes’ eyes grew wide as she looked at the ‘new’ animatronics on the stage. They all looked like they were made out of plastic instead of fabric, and of course had an endoskeleton, which you couldn’t see at all.

“Well, Daddy said they’d upgraded the animatronics. They’re still there. Freddy, Bonnie and Chica.” Anne explained as they both watched all the children crowd the stage, waiting for them to play. Mercedes hugged the Freddy plushie that was in her arms. She was disappointed. She wanted the old ones back. Like most people, she didn’t like change.

“Okay.” Was all Mercedes replied with. She wasn’t 100% sure how to react. If anything, she should thank her mother for paying for the party she was to have here.