Rocket x Sick Reader

N/n = Nickname

You had recently visited Earth and caught a NASTY cold or flu. You couldn't even tell since they both have almost the same symptoms. So you were bed-ridden for the past week. You even kept your door locked, for the most part, not wanting to risk leaving the other Guardians of the Galaxy sick.

Rocket was worried about you. Not seeing you for a week had left him in an irritable mood and mindset. Everyone knew WHY, but every time they tried to tell him that he was acting up, it only made it worse.

It wasn't until Groot saw Rocket storm into his room, that Groot decided to take matters into his own hands. He didn't speak. He just grabbed Rocket with his extending arms and picked him up. "Groot! What are you DOING!?!?" He struggled against Groot's grip, but it was useless.

They stood in front of your door. Well, Groot was standing at least. Rocket finally wiggled out and climbed onto Groot's shoulder. "What'd ya drag me out all the way HERE for?" "I am Groot." "WHY are y'all so hell-bent on me seeing Y/n? She's sick!" "I am Groot." "I ain't worried 'bout her! It's her fault she even caught that thing!"

~Your P.O.V~

I was barely even able to sleep with this horrible cold. I couldn't even sleep with the covers on. I only wore my undergarments and even THEN I was still too hot.

Then, I heard these super loud footsteps. I was so out of it that I thought it was an invader. I sat up quickly, getting dizzy in the process, and put on a tank top and some shorts. I then grabbed a blaster at your bedside. I was about to swing the door open, but then I heard it was Groot and Rocket. I grew confused and I peeked under the door crack to see Groot standing there with Rocket on his shoulder.

Then I heard what he said. "I ain't worried 'bout her! It's her fault she even caught that thing." I groaned. Just when I thought I'd have a genuine moment of sweetness with Rocket showing some concern, he dumps that bomb onto me and Groot. I got up from my spot on the floor and opened the door.

"Well, it's not as though I PLANNED on getting sick Rocket." I said with some sass as I leaned against the doorway. Rocket had a look of shock as he saw me. "I know, I look awful." "Yeah, no kidding! You're sweating like a pig!"

"This is the curse of a fever. It's when the immune system is trying to kill the virus by heating up. Cold's don't work well in the heat. So..." Rocket just gave an EXTREMELY confused look. I sighed. "It means I shouldn't take any medicine cause the fever needs to kill the virus." "Okay....?"

When I stood straight back up from my lean position, the world spun dramatically. My footing grew unsteady and Rocket and Groot panicked. I fell to the floor, but Rocket held me up. "Y/n!? Are you okay?" "I-I... I'm fine. Just feel a little dizzy." I was struggling to keep my eyes open, but Rocket and Groot were panicking beyond belief.

Groot hoisted me up and put me back in bed. "Go get her some medicine! I'll keep an eye on her!" Rocket said. Groot nodded and left the room. I was fading in and out of consciousness. At one point, I was awoken by a cool fabric placed on my forehead. I opened my eyes and see Rocket looking at me with concern.

I feel a pounding in my head, I flinch at the bright light of my room. "Y/n, what's wrong?" "Light's too bright." He quickly went to turn it off. When the light shut off, I felt a weight lifted off of my eyes. "Thank you." I croak out. I then turn my head and suddenly a straw is shoved into my mouth. I protested, but he just spoke back in an annoyed tone, "Shut up, ya dumb humie. Drink so you don't sound like a cactus."

I rolled my eyes and drank away the water and he soon pulled the straw back. I wouldn't like to admit it, but I felt much better now. "Thanks, Rocket." "Eh, don't mention it." I smiled, but he quickly said, "Seriously, don't. I don't need this on my record." "Oh, so you'd rather not be seen as someone who actually cares?" I said with a sarcastic tone, but I was somewhat hurt.

Rocket rolled his eyes. "Please, Y/n. Ya know what I mean. The minute I start to try and be NICE, Quill and Drax give me crap. So keep your mouth shut." He said with warning. I knew I should just go with it. I knew he cared for me, but he just wasn't comfortable sharing that care with Quill or Drax. But then again, could I blame him?

"I'm sorry, Rocket." "Why?" "Cause you're stuck dealing and taking care of me. I guess this is what happens when I don't wash my hands." I said with a sad smile. "Y/n, ya gotta learn to stop putting yourself down." "Are you one to talk?" "Are YOU gonna let me talk?" "Sorry, go on." He huffed and continued.

"I know I can't talk much, but I can say that even I get sick of putting myself into a ditch. So if ya wanna get anywhere in life, ya gotta learn to shut up and stop listening to yourself. Otherwise, you'll wind up dead." "Hmph. That was surprisingly insightful. Thanks, Rocky." I said with a smirk. "Whatever, N/n."

Even though I couldn't kiss him per se, due to being sick, I did tell him "Thank you." and pat him on the back. He just hummed, his way of saying your welcome.

The END!

Me: Just to be clear cause I know someone will make the joke, no, the reader didn't catch COVID-19.

Rocket: What the heck is COVID-19?

Me: Don't ask. It's a hellfire of sorts.

Rocket: Let's make something clear. Grace ISN'T taking any more requests! She's backed up with school and crap, so she ain't got time to take every single request sent her way. So keep that in mind.

Me: Thank you, sweetie! I really hope this was worth the wait. I have a Tony Stark coming up next! Hope you guys are excited about it :DDD

Rocket: -.-