☕️44☕️

I drove into the driveway and I switched off the engine to see Rory's car there. She was getting something out of the trunk and I went around and we both gasped.

"Your hair is short!"

"You're wearing eyeliner!"

I slung my rucksack over my shoulders, my weekend bag. "It's my new look, good? Bad?"

"I love it," Rory smiled. "Short hair definitely suits you," I told her as I opened the door.

Suddenly, a very loud alarm went off and we both yelled out as our eardrums had just been simultaneously shattered.

Mom ran down the stairs to switch it off and turned to us. "Oh my God, you both look different!"

"Long story!" I said over the alarm. We moved into the corner and I stopped. "Aw you two look amazing!" Mom told us. "Alarm?" Rory asked her.

"One word. Kirk."

"That explains it," I agreed. "There's a security company," Mom explained. "Mariana did this for me and Andrea, now her hair is half blonde," I told Mom.

"So food?" Rory suggested. The alarm went off the second Rory moved and we all groaned in unison.

***

I woke up the next morning to hear Mom yelling "Follow the Post-its!"

I carefully walked down the stairs but I was stopped on the last step. "Any plans?" Mom asked us. "I'll go to Luke's and bug people," I told her.

"But we'll read together and ignore each other first like good siblings should," Rory suggested. I was listening to the Time Warp and reading Pet Sematary.

Something was suddenly tossed over my head. "Yo watch it!" I scolded the guy. He looked a little scared of me. "The eyeliner makes you more intimidating," Rory pointed out. "Good," I smirked. "Sorry but you two will need to move," a guy said to us. "We're setting up for tomorrow."

"Uh what's tomorrow?" Rory asked him. I looked to see Lindsay and her mother. "A wedding of a relationship that was shorter than Claudius and Gertrude's," I quipped. "Dean and Lindsay," Rory copped on.

We went to see Lane and she was arguing with Zack and Brian. "I don't see why Dave can't be here for the band!" Zack ranted. "If Heather can come back from New York then so can he!"

"He was in my apartment on Thursday," I mumbled under my breath. "Tell your ex to get his head out of his ass!" Zack instructed me. "You've got fingers and a phone, you do it!" I shot back.

"Is it me or is she more scary?" Brian asked Zack. "It's the eyeliner," Rory told him.

We ended up leaving after there was a fight on who should call Dave. The two of us ended up walking into Dean.

Things could not be more awkward. "Rory, Heather, you guys are back this weekend," Dean pointed out. "How's Yale? Columbia?"

"Good," we said in unison. "I'm going to go meet Tessa," I lied. "Have fun!" Rory said in a pissed off tone.

I went into Luke's and he looked happy to see me. "Hey Heather," he said. "New look?"

"Yeah, transitioning from high school Heather to college and intimidating Heather," I explained. "Is Jess around?"

"He's at Walmart today," Luke told me. "I thought he should be here since you're only here on weekends."

"So did I," I mumbled. "Is everything okay between you two?" Luke asked me. "I haven't seen him since orientation and I haven't talked to him in a week," I admitted. "It's long distance, you two will get used to it."

Rory rushed in and hopped onto the stool. "Dean invited us to his wedding."

"Oh," I shuddered. "We're having beef," she stated. "Did he seem reluctant to do so?" I wondered. "Yeah, he was nervous, do we go?" Rory asked me. "I want him to be happy but it'll be hella awkward."

"Indeed," I agreed.

***

Poor Mom. Poor Sookie. They have to do some dumb presentation during the town meeting just to do construction on the inn.

Taylor was taking his sweet sweet time. "This is so unfair," I muttered to Rory. "I know," she agreed.

Gypsy tapped me and Rory on the shoulder. "I have your mail."

Our new mail carrier can't deliver. He keeps sending the mail to the wrong people.

I'd rather have Kirk do it again. "Thanks Gypsy," I said. I passed her back her own mail and everybody was exchanging mail.

"This is chaos!" Taylor yelled. "I say meeting adjourned."

"Hold up!" I objected, standing up, pissed beyond belief. "My mom, Sookie and Michel have been sitting here patiently, waiting to do a presentation for their inn, which you forced them to do! The least you could do is let them present the presentation you insisted on!"

Gypsy started clapping. "Is it the eyeliner?" she asked Rory. "Okay," Taylor rolled his eyes. "People, Lorelai Gilmore and her associates have a small presentation to make."

Taylor was being such an asshat, he kept interrupting Mom and was putting her down. "Taylor, stop asking questions," I growled. "And let them talk."

"Can I slap him?" Michel asked me. "Please," I begged him. Mom's phone started ringing and she frowned.

Sookie continued on while Mom answered the phone. Taylor immediately adjourned the meeting. "Hey!" I objected but he ran away!

I made it outside and Mom looked pissed. "He got away," I told her. "Oh no he didn't," Mom growled, looking across the street. "What happened on the phone?" I asked her as we started walking. "Kirk, Rory's sorting it," she quickly explained and ran off.

"I'll kill him," I muttered under my breath. "Can I assist?" Michel asked me. "You wanna hide the body?"

"How has no one murdered him already?" Michel asked me. "I honestly couldn't tell you," I grumbled.

***

I woke up in a crabby mood in the morning. "Hello Crabby Abby," Rory quipped once I came downstairs. "I hate Taylor," I stated. "I really don't want to go to this wedding," Rory confessed. "Luke advised me not to."

I looked at the clock. "It's noon!"

"You needed sleep, you're driving nearly two hours to Manhattan soon," Rory pointed out. "I promised I'd come back early, Andrea's all alone," I told her. "I'll see you Wednesday, won't I?" Rory asked me.

"Of course, I'll be at New Haven after the Film Department meeting," I told her.

I put my stuff into my car. "Well call me when you're home safe," Rory told me. "I will," I promised her.

I drove away and I was forced to stop at that stupid traffic light in the town square. "Great," I sighed. "That's just great."

I looked up to see the traffic light still red. I heard my phone ringing and I took it out of my bag on the front seat and I saw Jess' name on the caller ID.

I looked up at the light and it turned green. My eyes drifted to my rearview mirror. I did the unthinkable and I declined the call.

"It can wait," I muttered. I kept driving and the phone rang again. "Oh piss off, whoever it is!" I grumbled and the phone started ringing again. "Oh my freaking God!"

I switched my phone off and I drove out of Stars Hollow.