17.4

That night a party is thrown in celebration of having fuel. Dom, Tego, and Santos make their way through the dancing people.

"Mi primo is running security on the airbase," Tego begins in Spanish.

"Says that there's going to be a couple of refueling planes arriving," Santos continues in Spanish. Dom smiles as he shakes his head.

"How's it going?" Han asks as Dom, Tego, and Santos walk up.

"Money, money," Santos says excitedly as Dom opens the bag he had been carrying. He hands a stack to each Tego and Santos, who start chattering in Spanish. As Dom goes to hand Han and Letty their money, they both give him grim faces. Dom tells Tego and Santos to go have fun while Han motions for his girl to walk away.

"Cops Just raises out garage in Baracoa. They were real interested in you," Han tells Dom, causing him to look down.

"Heat's on and we just sent up a flare that's gonna lead them right to us," Letty explains as she thinks about everyone that is involved.

"I say we move out first thing in the morning," Han suggests.

"Nah, it's me they want. And if they catch me they're throwing big numbers at anybody with me," Dom explains before picking up his beer. "Letty, Han, we had a good run. Time for you two to go do your own thing." They all clink their beers together before taking a drink.

"Heard they're doing some crazy shit in Tokyo," Han says with a smile.

"Have you seen Nat?" Dom asks as he looks at Letty, who motions to the rocks by the water. Dom sits beside Nat as she smiles up at him. "There she is."

"I hear Rio is nice this time of year," Nat says as Dom wraps his arm around her.

"The cops are getting hungrier," Dom states causing Nat to slightly frown for a second.

"Then I guess we're doing our job," Nat says as she smiles up at Dom.

"I'm a walking target," Dom tells her. "I don't want you around when they catch up to me."

"'Ride or die', remember?" Nat asks as she turns to face him. "Dom, how long have we been doing this? And now all of a sudden, out of nowhere, it's too dangerous? Come on." Dom just stares at her, having already made up his mind. "We'll figure it out. We always do." Nat kisses Dom before his kisses back and pulls her into his lap. They soon retire back to their place. Dom watches Nat as she sleeps knowing what he has to do to keep her out of trouble. He quickly packs a bag before leaving both of their shares of the money on the nightstand, along with his cross necklace.

"I love you," Dom whispers before grabbing his bag and leaving.

The next morning, Nat wakes to find the money and the necklace, with Dom nowhere to be found. After a few days of moping around, Letty comes to visit Nat.

"I think it's time to go home," Letty tells Nat, who sadly agrees.

Mia meets them on the porch as she hears them drive up.

"Mia," Nat says with a smile before pulling her into a hug.

"I'm glad you're both home," Mia says as she pulls Letty into the hug. In the days that follow, Nat throws herself into repairing Dom's Charger. Mia and Letty felt it was an unhealthy coping mechanism but it made Nat feel happy again to be doing what she loves, working on cars. Letty knew she had to get Dom home, if not for Nat's sake then for the sake of family. Letty goes to the only person that she can think of to help her, Brian. He is able to set up an agreement to where if Letty went undercover and solved the case then Dom would be pardoned and able to come home. Nat started noticing Letty coming in at all times of the night causing her to grow worried about her friend but she knew that Letty was a big girl and can take care of herself. That is until Nat hadn't seen her for three days then the phone call happened.

"This is Detective Stasiak, is this Natalie O'Conner or Amelia Toretto?" Stasiak asks.

"This is Natalie O'Conner," Nat answers confused on why a detective would be calling her.

"I'm sorry to inform you that Leticia Ortiz has been murdered," Stasiak explains.

"Okay," Nat says before hanging up. She slides down the wall as tears begin to flow. "No. No. No!" Mia rushes down the stairs to find Nat crying on the floor.

"Nat! What is it? What's wrong?" Mia questions as she pulls Nat into a hug.

"Letty, she's... she's gone. She's dead, Mia. Letty's been murdered," Nat cries until she has no more tears and falls asleep.

 Letty's been murdered," Nat cries until she has no more tears and falls asleep