☕️37☕️

"Your mom sent you an Ikea catalogue?" I raised my eyebrow. "Yep now I have instructions from my mom," Andrea explained as she sat on my bed.

She read the note her mother put inside the catalogue. "Pick whatever you want, don't even look at the prices."

She got out a red marker while I got a blue one. "Bit of a colour coding thing," she explained. "They're gonna do it during the summer."

"This is so cool," I smiled and I looked at the catalogue. "Are you bringing all your movies?"

"Not all of them...why?" I asked her. "Just wondering," she shrugged and circled a bedspread.

I circled a fancy desk and we took turns doing our circling.

***

Mom kept taking candids of me and Rory whilst in Luke's. He has a no cell phone rule, I wonder how he feels about cameras.

But her mood turned from sweet to...slightly sour once she got a letter from the Booster Club.

"Summoned away," Mom sighed. "Well we don't need anything."

"Except tickets for the graduation," I pointed out. "Extras. And our diplomas."

"Ugh, guess I have to do it," Mom muttered. "Hey guys," Luke greeted us. Mom took a candid and he narrowed his eyes at her. "Was that really necessary?"

"Ha! This is such a bad picture!" Mom made fun of him.

After school, we all stopped by to watch the band practice. Me, Tessa, Andrea, Rory and Jess.

"Holy crap! We finished at the same time!" Zack exclaimed. "That was really good guys," Tessa smiled.

"It was amazing," I piped up. "Not too shabby," Jess commented. "We're ready for the gig," Dave stated. "Andrea?"

"Yeah?" she looked at him. "Are we going to prom here or in Hartford?" he asked her. "Here, I'm not going to a prom that Francie organised," Andrea stated. "She's going to pull a Carrie White on either, me, Heather or Rory."

"Or all three of us," Rory piped up. Andrea nodded in agreement. "So we all going to the gig then?" Tessa wondered. "Kyle's house," Dave reminded her.

"Do you guys have enough songs?" Jess asked them. "Should do, all we need is a name," Dave told him. "I already came up with a suggestion," Brian said. "We are not doing The Harry Potters," Zack insisted.

"Yours is too long Zack," Lane told him. "Follow Them To The Edge Of The Desert is memorable," Zack defended it. "It's too long for a band name," I told him.

"Do any of you have better suggestions?" Dave looked at us. "Nope," Rory mumbled.

"Have you sorted out the Mrs Kim thing?" Andrea asked Lane. "Team Hess will deliver my drums to Kyle's, Young Chui is taking me to a 'bowling party,'" she explained.

"Well Team Hess is gonna go, I'll see you guys later," I said to them. "See ya," they all said.

Jess had told me that someone had stolen his car. "No word yet?" I asked him. "Nope," he muttered. "Dave is an alright guy."

"I told you," I laughed. "It's good, since we're going to prom with them," Jess told me. "Was Andrea serious about the whole Carrie White thing?"

"As a heart attack," I said. "Prom is gonna be fun."

"I'm getting the tickets this week," he reassured me. "And I'm reusing my debutante tux I wore at that ball but making it more me."

"You didn't burn it?"