Tum.

Happy reading! ❤

Drop in the comments to let me know how you like i!

Its a rough day for Rehaan, tomorrow is his birthday but he just can't celebrate it like before, its been 3 years to that unfortunate event, that changed his life forever.

25th march, 2017, 11:48 pm, he got a call from the Hospital, his girlfriend, his love, Jahaan, was in the ICU, fighting for her life. She got in an accident with a truck while on the way to his house with a cake to surprise him for his birthday. He did not know about her plans, the last he talked with her was at 10:30 pm, she had told him she was tired & was going to sleep. He did not know within an hour she was going to sleep forever. He expected to spend his birthday with her the next day, to have fun, also he was going to propose her for marriage the very day. He had planned to do so many things, he was so excited to see her reaction, to see her adorable face, to see her jump out of joy, to see her overwhelming expressions & to see her accept him as her own forever.
But he couldn't, he couldn't deal with the fact that she was in such critical condition, that she would probably leave him forever now, he couldn't digest the fact that within a span of an hour life played such dirty games with him.
He stood outside the ICU waiting for her to come back to her Rehaan, her baby, she called him baby with love. He couldn't fathom the sudden turn of events, he was completely lost, on the verge of losing a part of him, his heart was aching painfully, he couldnt move his legs, his eyes were red due to continuous crying, he just wanted his Jaan back.
But Allah had some other plans for him, just a minute before the day of his birthday began, the doctor gave him the news of her demise, she couldn't make it back to her baby, there was a lot of blood loss, internal bleeding, she was not able to handle the sudden shock which made her go into coma & reviving her was unsuccessful.
Rehaan's legs gave away, he was hyperventilating, feeling dizzy, feeling as if his heart was ripped off from his chest directly, he couldn't think straight, he wanted to meet his Jaan, he got up with a lot of effort & went straight into the ICU, the image in front of him broke him unexplainably, all the wires were attached to her body, she was laying on the bed, with her eyes closed, her face still looked pained, the various machines besides her showed no signs, the heart machine was showing a straight line. He broke down near her bed, he was afraid to even touch her, he was wailing uncontrollably, asking her why did she do this, he did not need any surprise, he needed her, they had so many plans together, to travel, to adopt a dog, to eat at all the restaurants in Jammu, he wanted to read out all the poems & Shayari's to her, she wanted to learn writing Shayari's for him, they wanted to grow old together.

He hated his birthday now. He was devastated with this loss, he was almost like a walking dead after her death, he didn't meet anyone, didn't talk to anyone, isolated himself, stopped writing poems & Shayaris, did not take care of himself.

After almost 2 years he visited a cafe, & ordered himself a Hot chocolate, her favorite. There he met a girl, they became friends over a period of time, he learnt her name was Jannat, she was a shayara. Rehaan could feel as if he was meeting his older self, he was meeting the Rehaan he was when Jahaan was alive, he felt as if he met his Jahaan again, maybe the similarities in the names just got him there. But he loved spending time with her, he could open his heart out to her, he could just be himself just like he was with Jahaan.

It was his first birthday with Jannat, she knew about his past, she knew he didn't like celebrating his birthday, but she wanted to help him out, to make new memories with him, to help him over come his bad past & give him the reasons to look forward to this day again, to make him move ahead in his life. She knew it would be difficult but she wanted to try for him.

It was a pleasant evening Rehaan & Jannat were at his place, slight cold winds were flowing, making the wind chimes dance & make soothing sound. They both were Sitting in the balcony, on the soft couch, hot cup of tea in their hand.
"Jo takdeer me likhe nahi hote,
Unhi ki aarzo ko ishq kehte hai.." Rehaan said, he recited a shayari for the first time after Jahaan's death, reminiscing his old love & days spent with her. Jannat was surprised but did not show it, she then joined him and replied, "Shayad uske raaste mein behtar log pad gaye,
Vo bewafa to na the lekin aage zarur badh gaye..", making him understand that she is safe & sound with Allah, she's got the best company anyone can ever wish for, she still loves him but is just not there with Him physically. He looks at her briefly and blows out a breathe, she silently sips her tea looking out at the wide sky with twinkling stars.
He then says, "Vo din gaye jab Mohobbat thi jaan ki baazi,
Ab koi kisise bichde to mar nahi jaata..", looking at the sky & sipping his tea, contradicting his actions completely, trying to make her believe that he's over his past & covering up his emotions, suppressing his feelings, but over the time Jannat has learnt to read Rehaan in & out she senses him trying to convince her with his words, without looking at him she says, "Usulo par agar aanch aaye to takrana zaruri hai,
Agar zinda ho to zinda nazar aana zaruri hai..", indicating that his words & his actions are poles apart, he needs to look like what he's saying, she knows him well enough to understand his words & the feelings behind it, he needs to come out of this phase himself, she can just help him & be by his side, but getting over those memories is completely on him, his words are not gonna convince her, only his actions will.
Rehaan is amazed at how well & clean she can see through him & read him like an open book. His eyes get moist, he feels overwhelmed, finishing his cup of tea, he lays down on the couch keeping his head in her lap, she get a little surprised seeing his actions & gives a heartwarming smile looking down at him, quickly finishing her cup of tea, she keeps it aside & starts caressing his hair, Rehaan feels contented with her action, he then takes her left hand & intertwines their fingers, closing his he says, "Kitni jhoothi hai Mohobbat ki kasme,
Dekho vo hume chhod gaye aur hum mare tak nahi..", letting all his bitter thoughts out, feeling low of himself, feeling that his love was not true nor real, that even after her leaving him, hes still alive, he couldn't go away with her, a lone tear slides down his right eye, he wipes it off quickly. She is shocked by his words, unknowingly her eyes moisten up, the grip on the intertwined hands strengthens, she keeps her hand on his mouth, he opens his eyes to look at her & is stunned seeing her watery eyes, she then says, "Tum marne ki baat chhed do aur meri aankho se aansu chalak jaaye kuch aisa rishta hai humara..", conveying that she can't lose him now, he has unintentionally become an important part of her life, she cant bare the thought of losing him. He should not blame himself & should stop doubting his love for her, he loved her way too much, words wouldn't be able to justify the feelings, he had given everything in him into this relationship but it was the cruel fate that all this happened, no one can change anything now.
He doesn't say anything.
She then says, "Kuch cheeze adhoori hi Khubsurat hoti hai..", to help him ease out, to make feel its okay not everyone is meant to stay forever, & not everything is meant to reach its destination. He replies, "Maaf mujhe kar dena,
Maaf agar kar paao to..", asking for an apology for his behavior, for his disturbing thoughts, his stubborn nature, of not getting over something that's Damaging him & hurting others around.
She bends down and kisses his forehead & says, "Har waqt Jude rehna namumkin hai,
Ek daur aisa aaega jab toot jaaoge tum bhi,
Uss lamhe bas ye yaad rakhna ke bikharne ka haq tumhe bhi hai..", he smiles hearing her encouraging & understanding words. She smiles back at him feeling content that her words are helping him a bit.
He gets up, sits close to her holds both her hands & says, "Main iss ummeed me dooba ke tu mujhe bacha lega,
Ab iske baad mera imtehaan kya lega.." Telling her that he let himself lose just because she was with him, he let his sorrows out as he knew she would understand him & help him out of this mess, he knew she would not let him drown in the storm of his past, the waves of his thoughts, she would bring him out. He trusted her.
She was delighted after hearing those words & knowing that he trusted her, he believed in her. She was lost in his honey brown orbs, her cheeks were slightly red, he felt at peace talking with her, while he was adoring her he said, "Bohot bebaak aankho me talluq tik nahi pata,
Mohobbat mein kashish rakhne ko sharmana Zaruri hai..", with an innocent smile on his face, asking her to keep her nature, her core behavior intact. She shies away, blush starts creeping up her already pink cheeks.
She replies to him with same confidence, "Mere hootho pe Apni pyaas rakh do aur socho,
Kya iske baad bhi duniya me kuch pana Zaruri hai.." He was amazed at her reply,  he didnot reply back, he was just watching her with a smirk on his face. She understood that he was waiting for her to complete, she then continues, "Suno na,
Me keh rahi hu ke,
Tum na,
Mere aankho me Apni thakan rakh do,
Mere hootho pe apni pyaas rakh do,
Mere kaano par apni saari bebuniyaad baatein rakh do,
Mere man me apni saari khatas rakh do,
Mere dil par Apni udaasi rakh do,
Mere sar par apni zimmedariyo ka bojh rakh do,
Bas itni si ilteja hai meri,
Ke in sabke saath saath,
Mujhpar apna vishwas rakh do,
Mujhse kaid kiya hua apna pyaar rakh do,
Mere liye tumhara aitbaar rakh do,
Dil tumhara bhi bekarar hai,
Jaanti hu main, isiliye muntazir(intezaar karne wali) hu bas tum apni rooh mere naam rakh do..", Rehaan was mesmerized with her words, the sincerity, honesty, genuine feelings, heart warming smile on her face melted his heart, he felt all the emotions he felt for Jahaan all over again, he had fallen for her while she was healing him. He just kissed her nosed and hugged her with all his might, she hugged him back with equal passion, while they were still in that position, Jannat's phone started ringing, it was the alram she had set of 12:00 am for his birthday, when he saw it he felt loved, he felt happy, he was going to celebrate his birthday again with this beautiful soul beside him, hopefully for the rest of his life.

----×----×----

-Siddhi :)