☕️27☕️

"Alright, that's a wrap," Ms Murphy told us. I put my guitar back in my case and I noticed Dave across the room. "Since when do you do lessons in Hartford?" I went up to him. "I started this term," he told me. "Since when do you?"

"For a few years now," I told him. "Ah well it also gives me an excuse to see Andrea," he explained. "But she's not available so I'm stuck on a bus."

"Ah, I'll take the bus back with you," I offered. I slung my guitar around my back and we waited at the bus stop together. "It's not weird is it?" he asked me.

"Is what weird?" I asked him as we were getting onto the bus. "Me, dating your best friend and asking you and your boyfriend to go on a double date."

"I'll tell you what I told Jess, it's only weird if we make it weird," I told him. "Look it's okay, you're not into me, I'm not into you, we're both into different people," I said. "That's true," Dave agreed with me.

We got off the bus and started walking back. "See you around?"

I nodded and I hugged him tightly.

***

I was sitting in biology, learning about the organelles of a human cell. The bell thankfully rang before I collapsed into narcoleptic mode.

"We'll continue this next week," our teacher said. "Keep up on your readings."

"At least it's Thanksgiving tomorrow" Andrea pointed out. "What are you doing?" I asked her.

"Big dinner with the Swarbricks," she told me. "You?"

"Big dinner with the Gilmores," I explained. "Then me and Tessa are going to Lane's house, then my family is going to Sookie's then Luke and Jess."

"Four dinners, good luck," Andrea laughed. "You are gonna pass out!"

We did our usual trip to Luke's after school and the three of us sat by the window. "Bad news," Mom said as we were sitting down. "We can't make it, my mother shanghaied me so we have too many to attend, it was beyond our control."

"Oh okay," Luke mumbled. He looked a little sad, I'd go so far as disappointed.

"I never knew he enjoyed our company at thanksgiving," Rory sighed. "Luke!" Mom yelled. "We can make it!"

"You don't have to if you don't want to," Luke said to her. "We're coming end of," Mom said.

Luke walked away from our table. "How are we gonna eat four?" I asked Mom. "Oh Heather, what are we if not world champion eaters?"

"It's too much," Rory stated. "We have been training for this moment since birth," Mom said. "We'll get gold medals."

***

"Flowers, cranberry sauce and tums," I handed the list to Rory on Thanksgiving morning. "I'll do the flowers."

I was looking at all the flowers until I felt someone tapping my shoulder. "Hey," I heard Jess' voice. he immediately placed his lips onto mine.

I pushed him off. "You okay?"

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?" he asked me. "Because I'm a kissing expert, I know every kind of kiss because I have watched every kind of romance movie, that was a 'she's mine so eyes off' kiss, now what's going on?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Okay, I saw you with Dave last night, getting off a bus and hugging," he scratched the back of his head.

"You're not jealous of him...are you?" I wondered. Jess sighed, not answering the question.