Prologue- when I saw him

Oh god oh god oh god
HOW DID I EVER GET IN SUCH A SHITTY SITUATION

god. . . the things I'd do for money. Here I am, with a dark cloak draping over. People around me, it's surprisingly crowded for something that's supposed to be a "secret" society. It was one of those widespread communities which specialized in the dark occult. I was somehow chosen for essentially an undercover spy action. 

The government supposedly hired other nurses from my building and tried to get them accustomed to the way the cult acted so they could go through the plan. I'm no saint- ill be the first to admit I'm doing this for a load of cash I'm getting. But so were those other women, all of them chickened out or got seriously messed up by the horrors. Yet here I am, maybe it's all that weird 50/50 Reddit shit I watch. . . who knows. 

Not like it matters. . . in the end here I am in a seminar-like setting with a bunch of people around. Some varied from old to freakishly young. I don't even think some of these folks are old enough to drive-. Whatever their case is- I wanted out. A familiar buzz  rang in my ear 

"This is eagle 1 calling spy" The earpiece rang with Dr. Jacobson's voice. . . oddly eery to hear such a serious man say code names. I cringed slightly as I lowered my head grimacing. I nodded faintly so that my hidden comrades got the sense I could hear. 

"Ok, the plan is we wait till he's done explaining- he'll wait for questions and that's when you go in, just like we practiced, ok?" his voice rang. I nodded. Suddenly the lights flicked on, the darkroom now illuminated with the stage lights. Jesus, it's brighter than a fucking rave...  A tall male with grey hair and glasses who was dressed in a suit walked onto the stage. He smiled and rolled down his sleeve to show the symbol tattooed onto his arm. The crowd cheered- and I followed mindlessly. 

"Hello, my fellow kins of the sins of earth, once again I bring to you a project I have been working on for over a few solid decades." the crowd silenced in anticipation. I shuffled closer to the front, just like formation. . . He smiled as he now held the room's gaze. He carried himself with confidence, he looked like he was the type to have multiple wives. "My project has yet to be named but for now It shall be spoken too as Project 103," he spoke as he clicked a button. An equally tall male walked onto the stage, but he was horridly skinny. It was an odd feeling when I saw him, His cold blue eyes instantly connected with mine and for a split second, it looked like he was going to cry. My heart lurched a bit.

"now, I'm sure many can relate to the fascination with the human mind. We wonder- just how far we can go. I once read an article stating that if you lost a part of your cognitive mind, you'd be able to bite your own fingers off without any resistance.  Just like carrots. It began to make me think, just what could we do?. I bring you, the ultimate weapon" he gently rose an arm to the frail male. 
"project 103 can withstand any level of pain and can perform anything without remorse or emotional pain" he gave an eerily grin look. 

An arm rose from the crown, Dr.Jacobson "sir if you don't mind me asking, how'd you get a stranger to act like this?" He asked. The professor gave a pleased nod. "wonderful question, I' pleased with that" he clicked his pen and for a second I swore the frail male flinched. 

"See, I had tried 102 times with strangers I managed to smuggle, at first I tried with women. But women tend to have an innate sense of motherhood- no matter what age. Now those levels vary but each showed signs of remorse. and disobedience. Men are equally disobedient, and even more aggression. On my 103 try, I finally thought 'why not make my own subject?' " He tapped his shoulder "This, is my son". Chills ran down my spine, how could anyone do this to their own child?. I gulped gently. 

"with a child, you get innate safety with its primary caretaker, with that. I used it to my advantage. You'll have to wait for my published novel to answer any more questions" he explained. He took a bow before he made a simple gesture. hood down, I moved my hood down to expose my auburn red hair and dulled out brown eyes. I know I catch eyes, that was good. I raised my hand. The professor eyed me, clearly eyeing my features. He nodded at me. 

"May I test him?" I asked coldly, masking any intent with a dulled voice. He gave an amused smirk as he nodded. I made my way to the stage and grabbed a knife out of the professor's hand. He smiled as he held my hand. Creepy. . .

"well, do you know where you will hit, pretty lady?~" he purred. I gave a polite nod as I walked up to the frail male. Almost on command, he held out his wrist. Scars riddled his skin. I bit my lip and on cue. 12 seconds in. The police swatted from all sides. 

He looks scared. 
I took the thin males hand and began running. I looked back, the hurt male stared at me with a blank stare. I looked behind him and noticed the clear anger the professor had as he was screaming at me, the police officers tackling him. I ran faster as I gripped tighter. I looked back and spoke out to him. 

"You'll be alright, you're safe, I promise"