Chapter 1

"THIS IS HOW WE DO IT!!" Blasted through the stereo as the crowd went crazy, dance and sung along to the very famous and known song of the 90's by Montell Jordan. The Sigma men were throwing their spring block party and it had to be one of the most lit parties of the semester. Autumn was partying with her best female friends Mya, who was also her sister, Ashly, Shyann, Kristal, and Tamia. Some of her guy friends, Kion, Skip, Sean and Brian, were on the way. Marcel, who was her best friend, and Kendal were both sigma men so they were at the party already going around speaking to everyone.

Autumn, being so gentle with her words yet ready to turn up, was like the heart of the group. She was the one who got them together and the one who kept them together. If anyone in the group was wrong, she would let them know in a manner that was so soft, they didn't even want to argue but instead they wanted to listen and fix their wrongs. Autumn has a beautiful brown complexion with brown almond shaped eyes. Her full lips set perfectly on her face and made it even more beautiful. She sported a blonde closure in her head that she pulled into a high knot top bun leaving out Chinese bangs in the front. Her outfit was very simple but cute for the event. She had on a white halter top that displayed her shoulder tattoo, short distressed denim shorts and furry white fenty slides. She is the definition of Houston's finest. Yes, Autumn is very cool, calm and collected but nobody should dismiss the fact that she is always ready to turn up and even beat someone up if it comes to that.

Autumn decided that she wanted more blue punch so she took Mya with her to the punch table where they ran into Marcel.

"Marcel, you and Kendal have to come get lit with us. We're over by the DJ. This party ain't lit without our boys with us. And when I say boys, I mean all of y'all." Mya told Marcel.

"Aight Myaboo, I'll find Kendal and we'll meet y'all over there." He said just as a girl dressed with all of her body showing called his name and approached him.

"Hey whats up Skye" Marcel said eye fucking the girl. Autumn looked the girl over, she was a thick yet short girl. She had curves in all the right places. She was very average looking, maybe that was due to the tone of makeup she had on. She was light skin with huge eye lashes glued to her eyes. But what made her stand out the most was her long blonde weave. She looked Autumn and Mya up and down, rolled her eyes and shifted all of her weight on to one foot.

"Marcel, can I talk to you for a minute?" She said with obvious attitude and irritation in her voice. She didn't even try and hide it. Mya, being the youngest girl of the group and the one known to have a hot head, started to walk forward towards the girl before Autumn grabbed her and pulled her away back to the rest of the girls.

"Why'd you do that? I just wanted to talk to her." Mya told her sister.

"Yeah, I'm sure you did."  Autumn laughed. As they got closer to the group, they noticed that all of the other boys were there. Since freshman year, the group of 12 has always been together. They have been through so much together. They have been through fights within their group and outsiders, they have been through family deaths, they have been through heart breaks, they have been through financial problems, they have been through hard classes and all together. They knew that through whatever they can always count on each other. They never saw a day that would come of them not being together or needing one another.

That's my dawwwwwg. That's my dawg fasho, that's my dawg.

Of course this song brought the whole friend group together to rap the lyrics for their favorite social media. It wasn't long before Marcel found his way to them rapping the lyrics as well. The group could not leave this party without taking a group flick. Kendal called over one of his and Marcel line brothers named Thomas to take the picture. The whole time he was walking over consisted of him eyeing Ashly. Autumn and Shyann caught trail of his eyes and hyped up Ashly to the point that she couldn't stop smiling. They all gave their best poses, and then of course they had to give a funny picture. Thomas, the boy taking the picture, gave Kendal back his phone. Kendal instantly sent it into the group message that they have.

Thomas approached Ashly, asking her for her name and if he could take her out sometimes. They exchanged numbers and then returned to his previous location but he still kept his eyes on her.

"Y'all, he is so fineeeee" Ashly sung to her group of friends. She was the more reserved one of the group. She was like the soul of the group, she made the group continue to look for their purpose and always filled them up with positive energy when they were low. She was really good on reading vibes so when people approached her it was either hit or miss for them. Either she liked their vibe or she didn't, and she was very well spoken causing people to be intimidated. However, she molded the group of friends.

As Autumn observed her friend group, she couldn't help but feel some one burning a hole into her head. She looked around to see who it was only to lock eyes with Skye, the girl who was talking to Marcel earlier. Smiling, she turned to Marcel who just so happened to have his arm around her neck.

"So what was that thing you had going on back there with that girl?" She asked Marcel, who chuckled when he seen Skye staring at the group and then turning to say something to her friend.

"Oh Skye, yeah..." He rubbed his head. "We hooked up once and I kind of ghosted her. I apologized last time I seen her and even texted her since then. She just keeps holding it against me. Earlier, she thought me and you were a thing. I told her I wasn't going to argue with her. Me and you are just best friends. Maybe I should bring her around y'all so she could see how we all operate."

"You sure she can handle all of this?" Autumn asked Marcel as she pointed over to their friend group who were having way too much fun.

"Yeah, I'm hoping that she can. 'Cause y'all are some clowns." Marcel said just as a commotion broke out.

"What the fuck, I dead ass just told you to back up. You violating yo!" Shyann said, releasing her aggressive New York accent meaning she was serious.

"Clowns you say!" Autumn chuckled as they both moved closer towards their friends.

"What part of she don't want you on her don't you get?" Kion asked the kid who didn't seem to be backing down from him.

"Aye, I don't think he heard you" Kendal said being the instigator that he is.

"Man fuck all y'all and that bitch" The guy spat out like venom.

"Fuck this" Brian said hitting him. He was like the guy version of Mya, just an all around hot head. The whole group was on his head after that. Everybody was getting licks. His two friends tried to jump into the the fight but they ended up getting beat too. After what felt like 10 minuets of fighting, shots rung out causing everybody to scream and scatter.