Korean BBQ

A/N: Okay. So currently in quarantine. Started stanning Monsta X. IN LOVE with Hyungwons smile. Lowkey shipping Showhyung. I have this story up in AO3 as well, under the user evelynsdunwithu_fob. So don't freak out if you've seen it somewhere else, it's just me. Um....that's it. Hope you enjoy this little chapter. Please stay safe and healthy my loves.

In the four years Hyunwoo has known Hyungwon, it had never occurred to him just how wonderful it was to see Hyungwon smile. Everytime Minhyuk asked him to come hang out with him and his buddies, he always hoped Hyungwon would show.

Almost always, he never did.

Any excuse of being too busy with his dance classes, working late or just because he didn't feel like it. Hyunwoo was always disappointed, but being the 'coolest bro ever' according to Minhyuk, he showed up anyways with the biggest smile he could muster. Today was probably going to be another one of those nights.

An hour later after Minhyuk had texted him, Shownu decided to dress a little more comfy. He had a shitty morning. A rude lady cut him in the Starbucks line and grabbed the last blueberry muffin. Then he ended up being late to his music theory class because he was arguing with the lady over the last muffin. Having no breakfast and a little to no sleep the night prior, he wasn't feeling all too well. Maybe he should just cancel, say he's too busy. Got a lot of homework to catch up on. Which technically isn't a total lie and can't come. Yeah maybe that's a good excuse. Maybe he'll- his phone buzzed.

Minhyuk

Dude

Kihyun is coming

What should I do?

Should I confess or act cool

Act cool, yeah you're right.

Thanks bro

See you soon!

Hyunwoo shouldn't be surprised that Minhyuk was going to freak out over Kihyun. That guy has been swooning over him ever since he saw him dance at that recital last fall. Which was actually the first time he saw Hyungwon smile after the performance. It wasn't often Hyungwon would smile.

Over time, many people he would hang out with would gossip about him. He never paid much attention about it though. Only that his parents died very young, was living with his aunt until he graduated, Works two jobs and doesn't have time for anything, very serious. Hyunwoo could go on and on about what people said about Hyungwon. But he couldn't really say what was true and what wasn't. Since Minhyuk was friends with Changkyun and Jooheon, Hyungwon would always tag along. And since Hyunwoo was friends with Minhyuk, obviously he would see Hyungwon from time to time.

Hyungwon was very shy and quiet around him though. Greeting him with a small hello and somehow always on his way out right when he showed up. For some reason it never bother him before, but ever since he saw him crying in the middle of the hallway on his way to his music theory class, he felt bad for him. Such a beautiful boy with big brown eyes shouldn't be crying. Since then, He made it his mission to make him smile whenever he can or well, when he'd seen him.

Which was rare.

Both their classes were across campus from each other, both working different hours and always staying busy. Only then, Hyunwoo received another message from Minhyuk.