Pretty eyes

She was sitting in class right in the very back next to the window. The sun was gleaming through the trees and hitting the window. All she could think about how darn amazing her summer had been and how much she missed it.
She got interrupted by her thoughts by the teacher. "Emma?" "present." she said and sighed looking down at her nails she was fidgeting with.

"We have a new classmate from Kentucky. Everybody, please meet Tom Hanson." The teacher said.
In through the door, a guy came in. Brown effortless hair and brown eyes. Looked to be around 5'8, extremely defined jawline. He introduced himself as Tommy and talked shortly about where he was from, his interests and pain in the ass family. "Incredibly uninteresting," Emma thought to herself and sighed. The others in class seemed to be intrigued by the casual guy, even lovestruck.

Our teacher miss Lola pointed for Tom to have a seat. Funnily enough, the only seat left was next to Emma. Emma wasn't fond of company, she had already dumped her ex-best friend Sadie. The very thought of her made her mad.
"Hi I'm Tom," the oh-so "impressive" guy said in a cutesy way. "I'm Emma," she said casually quick to break their eye lock. She noticed his stare but ignored it until he looked away. She observed him carefully and even admitted to herself that he was a bit of a cutie. She quivered at her own stupidity.

As Emma wrote about her summer as she was instructed to do she accidentally jerked and dropped her pencil. She reached down for her pencil and had eye contact with Tom who was also reaching to pick up the pencil. An embarrassed smile rose up on both of their faces. "Thank you," she said as they together awkwardly placed the pencil on the desk.
She was a little bit freaked out and cringed about it.
__________
It was after school and Emma just got home.
"Mom I'm home!" she yelled and tossed her bag onto the floor.

Emma lived with her mom Cindy in a two-story house. It wasn't anything fancy, just a white house with a brick roof, the usual. Flowers were planted neatly around the house and they even had a little back garden. Luckily, Emma never had to share a room with anybody because she only lived with her mom. She wasn't spoiled though like many might expect. She worked at a restaurant for some extra money. Although she didn't really like the restaurant she still had to work there.

"Hey Em I'm in the kitchen. We need to talk."
Uh oh, the classic we need to talk about the situation scenario this could only go three ways. Either she'll get tossed out of the house to live on the streets, mom adopted somebody to share her room with or a new man.
With nervous steps, she went into the kitchen. Cindy asked her to sit down. "Sweetie there's someone that is going to move in with us." Emma frowned this was exactly what she didn't want however, she was still curious.
"You might have met him already." Now she was really confused who could this be?

All of a sudden the door knocked. Emma's mon told her to go see who it was and her mom looked really excited which worried her.
"Pinch me if this is real. You're moving in with us?!" no way, no way!" Emma cried. The guy who started in her class who seemed like a total weirdo to her is moving in with her.
He grimaced and put his bags down and greeted her.
"Down worry sweet he'll take the other room."

Emma went into her room and changed ready to escape- well not literally escape just for the moment. She wasn't sure where she would go but she figured she'd take a stroll around town.

This is what she decided to wear

She brought a leather jacket just in case

"And where are you going? our new friend is just moving in and you're just leaving?" her mom asked and let out a disappointed noise.
"Just taking a walk relax mom." Emma said and went out. She wished she could be in her room and talk to her old bestie Sady. They got in a fight over a boy and Sady was just overall a toxic friend.
She remembers that she would make fun of her laugh and told her no boy would want her. Then one day Emma decided to stand up for herself and on that day Sady switched schools. She wondered if she still thinks about her and if she misses her. Now she had nobody to talk to anymore.

Emma wasn't out for long because she knew her mom would search the whole neighborhood if she was out for more than an hour by herself. She crashed in her room and thought about her life at the present moment, how everything had changed so drastically. If everything would be okay again or not.
_____