once upon a time

"Girls! Look here!" demanded the paparazzi as us four lots turned to face the flashing cameras. I smiled at the cameras as the paparazzi kept on screaming at us to pose for them. Inwardly, I rolled my eyes. Just who do they think they are, to order us around. Heck, we don't even listen to Syco's orders, why should we listen to them?

As if sensing my annoyance, Perrie placed her arms on mine, trying to calm me down. I shot Perrie a small smile before faking a smile to the cameras. I wasn't looking forward to this event. The whole day had sucked, our audio for the performance was screwed up hence we had to change the choreography, my outfit was sewed wrongly which left me no choice but to wear a backless dress that had been my second choice and the worst? Jed wasn't replying to my texts.

Fine, sure I have to understand his circumstance. I mean, he's in America busy with his tour and all but when I was on tour, I even made time to facetime him every night despite being tired shitless. The girls kept on comforting me saying that "it's nothing" and "it's fine" but I needed to hear that from his mouth.

"Babe, come on," Leigh-Anne and Perrie tugged on my arms, Jesy already making her way into the venue.

The four of us went to the backstage to prepare for our performance and greeted numerous celebrities along the way.

"Bubbaaaa," Jesy exclaimed when she saw Anne-Marie. Likewise, the said singer jumped in excitement when she saw us heading her way. I was pretty excited to see her as well. Anne-Marie is a good friend of ours and has been supportive of our songs. Whenever we are not busy with promotions, Anne-Marie and I will always go out to drink and write songs together. She has always said that she loves our company as events like this makes her feel 'lonely'.

Soon after, Anne-Marie's manager chased her away to get ready for her performance while we were rushed to our dressing room. Now what you need to know about us is that even though we are ladies, our rooms will always end up resembling a pigsty. Whether it's our hotel room or dressing room, within minutes we enter the room, chaos will ensue. Luckily for us, we were pretty much ready and only had to change our outfits. Once I was ready, I sat in the middle of the couch, which was a bad decision I should say. Soon after Perrie and Jesy decided to join my on the couch, Perrie on my left with her legs hanging over my thighs while on my right side, Jesy decided to lean her head against my shoulder, making me uncomfortable because duh. I can't move me little legs and shoulder. Thank goodness Leigh-Anne was still getting ready. If she was ready too, she would have found some ways to squeeze in the damn couch even though there's another couch by the corner. Clingy bitches.

I scrolled my Instagram trying to pass the time when I received a notification.

jedstruts added to their story

Within a second, my finger was already pressing on it and I felt pained when I saw the video of him dancing in a club. Scratch that. I meant grinding to some lady. To say I was furious was an understatement. Here I was, all the way in London waiting for his text, and he was busy snogging other ladies instead. I went to google to search his name and the first headline that came up was "Is The Struts' Jed cheating on Little Mix's Jade?" I didn't know what came over me but I know I had to click it somehow. But I wasn't ready for the contents. It didn't only show the video Jed had just posted but they had pictures of Jed holding hands and snogging a brunette who clearly wasn't me.

Tears pooled in my eyes as I took deep breaths trying to calm myself. My actions didn't go unnoticed by Jesy and she peered on my phone to see what was going on.

"Oh Jadey," Jesy half-hugged me while trying to avoid Perrie's legs which by the way, was still resting comfortably on my thighs. It wasn't fine, I know. But at that point, I needed to hear someone telling me that. "It's fine," I kept on repeating in my mind, as I try to distract myself. The last thing I needed was crying here and end up looking like trash on stage. Perhaps they had just read the same news as I had but both Leigh-Anne and Perrie engulfed me in a hug, trying to comfort me. "It's his lost," they whispered.

"Let me tell you a joke," Perrie suddenly said, obviously wanting to distract me from this drama.

"Baby tomato and daddy tomato went out for a walk one day. The baby tomato was taking his time. What did daddy tomato say?" Perrie asked. I saw Leigh-Anne who was squatting in front of me rolled her eyes jokingly, while Jesy replied, "Oh I don't bloody have any idea, enlightened us wouldn't you?"

Choosing to ignore the sarcastic reply, Perrie cheerfully announced "Ketchup! Do you get it?"

The whole dressing room went silent. Until I burst into laughter. Look, the joke wasn't funny at all and we have all heard the same one over and over again. But in my desperate condition, everything was funny to me. Perrie joined my laughter fest while Jesy and Leigh-Anne looked at us with incredulous all over their face, before giving in to fake laughter when they realized that the lame joke had somehow lifted my spirit. God. I love these women so much.

Our laughter was cut short when someone knocked on our door. We quickly quietened down, afraid that it was another celebrity telling us to shut the hell up (which by the way, happened frequently but don't say that I said that).

Our dancer, Claude went to open the door and a familiar face came in. "LIAM!" I exclaimed and hugged the said man. Liam and I went way back when we first met in X-Factor 2008 and met again in 2010. He debuted with One Direction in 2010, while I debuted with the girls in 2011 and we stayed as close friends ever since. Even though 1D is inactive as for now, Liam has successfully debuted as a solo artist, and I am proud of him. The girls all stood up the greet the said man when an even more familiar person stepped into the room.

My breath hitched when I saw him. In this industry, it's very difficult to avoid someone, especially if that someone is a celebrity as famous as you.

He greeted the girls too, who was hesitant to accept his hugs as they kept on throwing concerned looks at me. I tried to ignore it and decided that the ground was even more interesting to look at instead.

"Jade," the ever-so-familiar voice greeted me. I looked up to see him holding his hands up, his bright green eyes sparkling with hesitation, clearly scared if I will accept or reject his hug. I took a step back as dejection washed over his face, as he lowered his arms to his side awkwardly. The air in the room was filled with awkwardness and nobody dared to breathe loudly as they anticipated my next action.

'I need to know, know, know. What do you need, need, need?' My phone decided to ring at that moment as if the caller was able to sense my state of awkwardness. I looked at my phone to see that Jed was calling me. I stared at the screen for a moment and my fingers hovered over the accept and reject button. Confidently, I pressed reject. I have no time to deal with his bullshit right now. For a while, I momentarily forgot what was happening. Until I stupidly locked eyes with the green-eyed monster. Fuck. Why did I even lookup? I cursed at myself.

I could feel everyone's gaze on me, reminding me that I had still, yet to greet the newcomer. I took a deep breath and put on the biggest and fakest smile I could.

"Hey, Harry."

----

Hi guys! This is my very first story on Wattpad and I really wanted to write something about Jade (cause she's my fave) and Harry. Some events that happened in this fic is purely fictional and I will make up some events as it's hard for me to track events that Little Mix and One Direction have together! So cheers!

xxx, m