Loving the Sun God

I decided to start another fan fiction, this time on Percy Jackson. I hope you enjoy it :)

DISCLAIMER: I do not own this material, it belongs to RIck Riordan.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1: Journey to Camp Half-Blood

"Aly, can you tell me what this line from Antigone means?"

I stared up at the board and tried to make out what it said. All the letters were floating off the board.

 I could see my best friend Grover staring at me from the corner of his eyes making me feel more pressured to answer the question. I tried once more to unscramble the words on the board, but I couldn't do it. Stupid Dyslexia.

"I'm sorry ma'am I don't know." I said sadly. I'm so stupid.

Mrs. Landel just stared at me for a minute before moving on to another student to torture. Almost all of the kids that go to this boarding school have a learning disability, like me, I have an attention deficit disorder, and dyslexia. So yeah, I pretty much hate school with a passion.

My mom must have a hard time taking care of me, I'm a handful. She pays for me to go to boarding schools but I always end up being expelled from them at the end of each year. I've never stayed at a school for more than over a year. That takes serious talent. I still don't know how I do it. I remember in 6th grade I somehow caused an explosion causing people to point at me saying I bombed the place... no shocker, I was expelled. Then once I think in 5th grade... I flooded the whole school... yep they blamed me and I was expelled. It's always my fault. I don't know how my mom put up with it for 17 yrs.

Even this year! So many things have happened just this year, the school told me I won't be welcomed back because of all the trouble I've caused. At the beginning of the year a gang came in screaming my name and started shooting everything.... no one was hurt though! Then two weeks later I came to school and there was a giant painted picture of me with stab wounds in the gym... on the wall. How do I know it was me? Well it said Aly Nicholson under the picture. They blamed me for that too. Anyway I won't tell you everything that has happened. I'll just say that this year I've attracted more trouble then ever.

My mom Still doesn't care that I get in so much trouble, she seems more concerned about my safety then anything. My mom, she is an amazing woman she's the sweetest person ever. She never seems to get mad when I get expelled, She's one of a kind. She has shoulder length brown hair and hazel eyes. She works as a nurse and pays for us to live in an apartment.  My mom says I look just like my father, I have long brown hair, pale skin, and bright green eyes. I wish I could've met my father but he left when I was still a baby.

"Class dismissed." Mrs. Landel said in monotone.

"Your not stupid Aly." Grover said suddenly said as we got up to leave class.

"I never said I was Grover." I smiled.

" I could tell by the look on your face in class, you thought you were stupid cuz you couldn't read." Grover stated.

" So" I laughed.

" You're special Aly. Not stupid." He said softly.

"Wow, thanks Grover that makes me feel tons better." I said sarcastically

"I didn't mean it like that!"

"Sure you didn't " I sighed. " Grover, I need some alone time....do you think you can meet me at my apartment in maybe an hour?"

" Sure Aly.... are you alright?" He asked.

" I'm fine. I'll see you in a little while." I said waving at him and making my way to my secret spot.