The Walking Dead Chronicles

Heres the chapter/prologue i hope you like it! its a real cliffhanger!

The Walking Dead Chronicles Chapter 1

“Yup I’m just having a shower mum I’ll get the tea for you later!” Jamie shouted as she ran past her mother’s room. “God ever since mom got sick she’s been acting really clingy. I still don’t believe the story she told us yesterday… maybe I should get a psychiatrist or something. I mean sure she got a bite mark but that doesn’t explain the dead person coming out of the grave part. I mean sheesh.” Jamie grabbed a towel from the cupboard and stripped naked and bare to enter the shower.

Jamie lived at home with her mother who worked weekday’s morning till late. Her mother was a manager at the Christchurch Mega Mart. Jamie liked to call it CMM for short because it sounded like CNN the news channel that her dad used to like watching. Her father moved to America after her mother divorced him, she didn’t know where but she was still in contact with her father through messaging on the computer. Jamie also had one older brother Shawn. He was studying at the University of Canterbury to become an architect. He would always bring materials and bits and pieces home to work quietly because Jamie’s house was quieter than his. He has a wife and five year old son.

Jamie relaxed as the hot water washed all her problems away. She was annoyed with the shower faucet though. It was a bar and a connecter; the shower head weighed a ton. It would constantly fall because the head was heavy. Jamie had had many hurtful experiences because of the shower head. It usually happened when she went to pick up something that fell off the wall shelf in the shower. The soap fell off the shelf just at that moment and as Jamie went to pick it up the shower head fell on Jamie’s head, she was out cold….

When Jamie came to she found herself sprawled on the shower floor. She didnt know how long she'd been out for. She looked around; the shower had stopped. Jamie was aware of the situation in an instant; she quickly dressed and opened the door. She ran upstairs to tell her mum what happened.

Jamie opened the door to her mothers room and as she walked in she saw something that almost made her scream....