~1~

3 months till EOSA

It began to pour when I recognised the back of my friend's slouched shoulders, turning the corner of old junction street

"Brye! Wait!" I yelled, and picked up my pace

He spun around, and I caught sight of his familiar green eyes, surprised by my sudden appearance

"Dezzie? I thought you were at your dad's brunch." he said

"yeah, I skipped"

I shifted my bag from my right to left shoulder as my steps fell in sink with his

"For school..?" he gave me an odd look

"Oh you know how boring those things are! Besides, I wouldn't want to miss a day of teasing you!

"Oh piss off" He laughed nudging me with his shoulder

It suddenly began to pour heavily and we huddled together under my small, clear umbrella

I cuddled into his arm, and he didn't seem to mind my attempts to steal his body heat'

'Shit your hands are cold!' he cried when my hand touched his

"Oh stop whining! I swear Amy alden doesn't complain as much as you!'

Amy was a pale and petite girl who sat at the very front of our English class. She always had something to complain about. Usually it was her marks.

He furrowed his brow, as he did whenever I got  to him

'I do not' he said

'Do to' I laughed and placed my freezing hand on his cheek

'Argh, Cut it out Dezzie!' He said annoyed, yet I could see his crooked smile hiding on the left side of his face.

We turned a corner where a tall glass building loomed in front of us: 'Brightington College' a sign read. 'school for the socially and intellectually elite'.

You were accepted into brightington if you were exceedingly rich or offered a scholarship for academics.

As soon as I turned 5, my father enrolled me in this 'elite institution', and when I turned 13, I was accepted as one of the 500 students.

The entrance of the school was decorated with pictures of smiling students, holding books or playing some sort of sport or instrument, Bryce and I being 2 of them. We swiped our student ID's that opened the glass doors and entered the crowded entry foyer. The foyer was packed with students, standing around or sitting on plush sofas, chatting with friends. My lips curved upwards, when I saw Bethany squashed between two girls. Her expression was somewhere between irritated and absolute boredom, in reaction to the girls gossiping.

When Beth caught sight of us, she quickly pushed through the two, now annoyed girls, and flounced her way towards us.

"Guys! You would not believe what happened yesterday!" she chimed, while twirling a strand of red hair.

I rolled my eyes, probably she met some (and I quote) 'an amazingly hot boy, who out of his way, talked to her'

But I was wrong
Boy I was wrong 😒

"So I went to like this cafe right, I ordered a soy hot chocolate, but the stupid waitress got my order wrong! And so I thought..."

Bryce gave me a look, that said I really wish she would shut up, and I grinned, thinking the exact same thing.

I laughed and Beth gave me wary expression, thinking I was crazy; laughing mid-way through her melodrama.

She droned on and on with a few "he said this" and "how dare she"'s

"So guys ah, how did you go in maths on Friday?" I cut in, trying to steer the conversation elsewhere

Big mistake.

Suddenly the bubbly atmosphered changed. There's always so much tension when discussing exams.

"Pretty good. It was heaps easy" Beth answered, and she pulled out her phone

Beth acted dumb, but really she was quite the genius

In the corner of my eye, I saw Bryce's shoulders tense. He nodded his head in agreement trying to conceal his anxiety.

"Actually I thought it was pretty hard" I said. I didn't actually find the exam difficult, I said it in hopes of easing Bryce's nerves.

Bryce doesn't handle exams very well. Not after what happened to his brother last year. Things for him were still pretty turbulent at home.

Suddenly the bell rang, and students began to leave the foyer

"You guys coming?" Beth asked

"Yea..." I began

"Actually, Dezzie and I have a free period, so we're going to grab a coffee from Harry's" Bryce cut in

I frowned at him. I didn't recall making any plans.

"Kay, well seeya! " Beth chirped and she disappeared amongst the moving crowd.

"So since when do you drink coffee" I smirked

"I don't, but we need to talk about some things" he said

I raised an eyebrow, "We do..?"

"Yeah, let's go" he urged, and then charged his way through the thinning crowd

I quickly ran to a screen mantled on the reception desk, and selected both of our names to say that we were present.

"Well are you coming?" he asked, turning back to face me

'yeah, hold on' I said and dashed towards the entrance. Bryce had waited for me and we stepped together through the grand glass doors. And once agin into London's wet winter.

Sorry for a really short chapter, I just wanted to make a start and publish at least a little bit of the story. I promise that there will be longer chapters, and hopefully the quality of my writing should improve

Also, if you liked this chapter please voteand/or leave a comment telling me what you think!

Thanks for reading

Maddy :)

P.s please point out any mistakes or typos in the comments!