Why are you not here?

PART ONE:I kept my eyes on the pavement,watching only my shoe lace drag on the ground. I felt the October night whip across my face, making me pull my hood over my head. The neon signs in every shop window cast rainbows on the floor. I had to keep my mind straight. It seemed the closer I got the more scared I was. My heart became louder and louder. It seemed to echo out into every corner of the street. As he turned a corner I did too, making sure to keep my distance still. He couldn't know I was following him. I could see the little puffs of fog coming from his mouth, they became more rapid showing he was nervous. I shoved my hand deep inside my sweatshirt pocket, putting my fingers around an equally as cool metal object. My steps matched his, my heart beat just as strong. I gasped one last deep breath and pulled the trigger. The shot pierced the night. A tiny spark lighting the whole street. I heard bone hit concrete and I suddenly realized what I had done. I let go of the breath I held in and managed to look at him. His cold lifeless body just lay there. I half expected him to get up but nothing happened. I fell to my knees gasping for breath. I threw the gun far away from me. A trickle of blood came down the street, I touched it staining my finger. Than I cried. Not a baby cry but a huge "Can't breath" cry. Why did I? Because I felt absolutely no guilt.

You may think I'm crazy for doing this, but I'm not! I took careful notice of the evidence. I called 911 on the nearest phone, so they couldn't get my number. I told them that I had been walking along and had seen this poor guy get shot. They asked me if he was still alive and told them what they wanted to hear. By the time the police showed up I was gone. I had left my bedroom window open before I left for an easy entrance. As I crawled in I saw my mom had already gone to bed. I quickly stripped myself of my clothes and threw on an old t-shirt and shorts. Just as I slide the covers over my head, I heard a phone ring. I heard my mom answer

matched with small choking sounds. She came bursting into my room crying like a mess. At this moment I said a quick thanks to God for great lying skills and 5 years if acting classes. I burst out of my bed and went to my mom. She Buried her head in my shoulder creating a mini waterfall down my back. I clearly knew why she was crying and I whipped up some tears myself. We say there melting together on my bed. When she finally couldn't take it any longer she looked me in the eyes and said "Nick Sanders has been shot." I made my best surprised face and burst into tears. She tried to comfort me. It was weird being in this place at 3 am pretending to cry. I looked at the pain in My moms eyes, how could she know I shot him? How could I ever tell her that her little girl shot Nick Sanders.