Cleanse my Soul

Author’s note: this was a photo prompt for the Truly Anonymous Twilight Contest in 2012. I wrote way too many entries.

Pen Name(s): Mrstrentreznor

Twitter or Facebook: @mtr_amg

Title: Cleanse my Soul

Picture Prompt: Number5 a B&W shot of a couple in a bubble bath. She is holding his face to her chest; clinging to him. The light from the venetian blinds leaves bars across them both.

Pairing: Bella Swan/Sam Uley

Rating: MA

Word Count (minus A/N and Header):1374

Summary (250 characters or less, including spaces and punctuation): Bella and Sam have carefully circled each other, since that night when he found her lost in the woods. Now, when he is lost he goes to her.

Warnings and Disclaimer: Discussion of character death.

Disclaimer:  the characters and all recognisable situations belong to Stephenie Meyer - this is a work of fan fiction, , except for the legends and histories of the Quileute that, of course, belong to them. I pay my respects to their gods.

Cleanse my Soul

“It’s okay,” she repeated, over and over. She wrapped herself around him and she hung on.

He was mute. He hadn’t said a word since he had shown up at her door and said the one word that really explained everything.

She knew he had lost someone from the utterly devastated look on his face.

“Who?” she had asked.

“J-Jared.”

Jared was dead. His best friend.

“Oh Sam,” she breathed. She took him by the hand and tugged him into her house. He followed; his feet stumbling with tiredness. It was instinct that made her fill the bath and use bubble bath. Anything to cover the scent of his best friend’s spilled blood. She knew he and the pack would have carried his broken body back to his imprint. Kim would be shattered. And then he had run miles to come to her still covered in his blood and bearing scratches and gouges of his own.

He was her priority now.

She would rebuild him; support him; give him the strength to go on.

He was the alpha, the pack leader. He took the final responsibility. As he always did. He was so stoic and dependable and right now he was so close to shattering into tiny pieces. She held him in her arms. She clung to him and she held him together. He needed her hold as much as he needed the cleansing bath. To wash away the blood. His blood.

The fact that he had come to her and not to his imprint, was something that they would both deal with later. She understood. They had been circling each other for months. So aware of the other. From the time that he had found her lost in the woods, he had fascinated her. She had dreamed of him. In both forms; wolf and man.