Prologue

I can't tell you how many times I've woken up and thought it was a dream. Waking up to his plush lips inches from mine, his hand warm on my side, and the sound of his delicate breath as his chest pushes in and outward with every movement of his lungs. Obviously, I adored this occasion, otherwise I'd be trying to wake up from the thought. 

        It wasn't always like this, though. Perfect. There was a time when I could care less about this man and his perfectly chiseled structure. In fact, it wasn't too long ago that I was intimidated when I saw his face; it almost made me sick. 

        It started to become unbearable and one day I just couldn't take it anymore, and I flipped. I wasn't expecting his reaction, though. It was something I didn't ever imagine could happen.

        That day was the commencement of my guilty pleasure, and the day I realized what was really in front of me. How could I have been so blind in the first place you ask? Well, let's see...

        I wasn't the type of girl to fall in love with some nerd who plays video games for a living. I didn't have time for a relationship anyway, my college courses ate up most of my time. When I wasn't at college, I was at home doing chores, or out running errands. 

        Not only was my life stressful at that time, considering I had schooling duties and family issues but it was just plain pissing me off. Me and my parents were constantly fighting every time we got into the same room, and that caused me to find my own place and move out. 

        Living in California had it's benefits- but for a 21 year old who was still in college, it was difficult to uncover those benefits. Long story short, I ended up finding a reasonably priced apartment and moving in quickly.

        After that, my connection with my family wasn't all that bad- seems like all we needed was some space away from each other.

        That summer, however, is when I met him.

 What day is it? And in what month?

This clock never seemed so alive
I can't keep up and I can't back down
I've been losing so much time

'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do, nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you

All of the things that I want to say just aren't coming out right
I'm tripping on words
You got my head spinning
I don't know where to go from here

'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do, nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you

Something about you now
I can't quite figure out
Everything he does is beautiful
Everything he does is right

'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do, nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you

And me and all of the people with nothing to do and nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you

What day is it?
And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive

        I didn't think much of it, really. I was on vacation, and I was escaping reality for a little bit. I knew anything I did in Colorado wouldn't ever trail back to California with me, so I had no hesitations that month. 

        I wasn't expecting to see him again, ever- let alone California.

        Then he smiled at me. He seemed happy to see me...

        And that fucking killed me.

        ((A/N: I hope you enjoyed this little prologue! I am really hyped for this story, and I can't wait to get more out for you guys! This will be updated the same day all of my stories are updated, Tuesdays. Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting! The song is You and Me -Lifehouse))