Chapter One

Groudon awoke from his peaceful slumber, sweat dripping from his hard, crimson shell. Kyogre. He had dreamt of Kyogre that night, his blue, azure love and it made his thick claws quiver, his legendary heart skip a couple beats.

            “Love, are you awake?” He turned to the sound of his voice like an innate reflex. He looked up to see Kyogre sitting on the water half of their bed, his fins daringly skimming against the rocky edge where he lay.

            Groudon groaned, turning on his side. “Barely, I still feel tired.”

            “Oh, but you’ve been sleeping for thousands of years!” He teased with a wink.

            “And I could sleep for a thousand more.” He got up from his bed, and slowly walked over to him, his feet submerging in the lucid waters which surrounded his Kyo. “You’re so beautiful,” Groudon purred quietly.

            But there was something deep lurking in Kyo’s eyes, something which Groudon hadn’t seen before. Something was worrying him.

            “Kyo, what’s the matter?” He asked, placing a gentle paw on his slick back.

            “I’m afraid Groudon…we can’t run away from the truth any longer. I saw them in my dream last night.” Kyo whispered, as if he was afraid someone would hear him.

            “Who did you see, Team Aqua?” Kyogre nodded slowly, seemingly to sink deep into himself. Groudon laughed, a deep, powerful laugh sending remnants of rock crumbling down from the ceiling.

            “Do you really think I’d let anyone hurt you?” He said, reassuringly. Kyogre’s smile still hinted with melancholy, and although Groudon was all humor, he wasn’t sure if even he believed that he could protect his one true love when Team Aqua came along.        

            Suddenly, a loud thump echoed through the serrated walls of the ocean cavern. Kyogre turned instantly, he was always paranoid, something Groudon had noticed in the earlier days of their relationship. There was always something bothering him, his sweet Kyogre, you could almost see the turmoil aching through the red veins that traced his skin, the worry that made his warm eyes seem black and void.

            “Kyo, just sit down and relax, it’s probably just some wild Tentacruel having a brawl,” Groudon urged, hoping that he was able to mask his concern. Kyogre shook his head, sending a small wave of water crashing into Groudon’s skin. A small hissing noise suddenly became audible. “Kyo…”

            “I’m sorry Groudon but I have to go look. Just stay here.” Groudon stood up immediately, trying to be quick despite his large size.

            “No, I’m not letting you go by yourself.”

            “If it’s nothing, and it’s all in my head, then why do you care so much?” Groudon shook his head, frustrated. But Kyogre had a point.

            “Fuck, Kyo! Just do what I say for once!” He could feel something deep and sinister stir inside his stomach, the side of him that he had tried to bury for all those thousands of years in dormancy. Kyogre looked up at him, fearful. He knew that Groudon was getting angry, and he also knew the utter chaos that would erupt if he pushed him too far.

            “Groudon… I’m sorry.” Kyogre knew what he had to do. Groudon stepped back clumsily as if sensing the premeditation in his voice.

            “Kyo, don’t—”

            Suddenly, a blast of salty water escaped from the depths of Kyogre’s mouth. A steady hydro pump crashed into Groudon’s stomach, sending him flying into the cavern wall. A low moan, nearly inaudible escaped from Groudon’s rock-crusted lips. Kyogre realised, in complete and utter despair that his love had fainted.

            “Groudon…it had to be done,” he whispered softly, his tears becoming intermingled with the seawater. He swam over to his love, spreading him out into a comfortable position, placing a pillow underneath his head (although Groudon had insisted he was too manly for a pillow).

            A nervousness settling in his stomach, Kyogre turned and began to make his way out of the cavern.

© 2014 Microsoft

Terms

Privacy & cookies

Developers

English (United States)