The Ballerina and the Cavalier

I really should invest in a new pair of pointes. 

I was beginning to become aware of the block, of the pinching around my ankles, of the fraying of the ribbons. They were beginning to hurt, but it didn't matter, it wasn't bad pain. It was the pain of moving, the pain of dancing, so I danced through the pain. 

I stopped thinking about it as I reached out to Kian, he took my hand, squeezing it once as I rose my leg so it was almost a perfect right angle, I smiled at Kian before I extended further, moving my leg until it was vertical to the other. My thighs reacted, a burn running down my thighs as I held it, and then, something akin to a sigh of relief when I lowered my leg and rose up onto my pointes. I turned myself, once, twice then Kian caught my hand, holding it loosely as if he was only holding it by his fingers. 

I began to dance in step with him, we pointed our right toes together, then stepped onto them, raising our lefts to about knee-height, and then we swapped, stepping onto our left and raising our rights, we held the position for three beats, then Kian pulled on my arm, so I turned into him, standing with my back to his front. 

I felt his hands touch my waist, as his breath tickled my neck, he whispered, three, two, one into my ear, then he lifted me, I helped by jumping ensuring he got the height to sit me on his shoulder. I rose my arms above my head, holding the position until Kian, stepped forward and lowered himself onto his knee. I stepped off his shoulder, still holding his hand as I walked around him, staying up on my pointes until I'd completed a full circle around him. 

He let go of my hand, resting both of his hands on his hips then he walked as I moved to the centre of the floor, raising onto my pointes and just dancing, lifting my leg in front of me, and moving it around, until it was behind me, I lowered it and took a few steps, pushing myself up into the air, into a split jump, I turned to face Kian when I landed, seeing his smirk because I had landed it so solidly. I rested my hand by my hips as Kian stood himself, repeating the steps that I had done, but instead of the split jump, he jumped and spun in the air, landing back onto his knee, so I ran towards him. 

He touched my waist once I reached him, and pushed me up as he stood. He held onto my waist with one hand as I opened my legs, I felt oddly secure as Kian held me, it'd taken a few rehearsals but Kian had finally stopped squeezing my waist as he held me, in fear that he might drop me, which he had, a few times. His elbow had gone, or his hand wasn't in the right position and I'd fell out of his grip, but he'd always caught me. He always moved in time and stopped me from hitting the floor, even if sometimes that meant he was hitting the floor. 

He smiled up at me as he turned us in the lift, happy with himself for keeping me up there, then I felt as he hesitated before he dismounted the lift, so I closed my legs, and touched his hand, reaching my other down, so he could hold my hand and lower me to the floor. We let out a breath together as I landed without stumbling, then I turned away from him, raising on pointe and standing up straight, lifting my right arm over my head, and extending my left foot. 

I winked at Kian over my shoulder then began to travel across the floor, Kian followed a step or so behind me, so he was then when I turned and extended my leg, he held onto my ankle, pulling me towards him, so I could wrap my leg around his waist, then lean back, feeling as my back arched and Kian held my lower back so I wouldn't fall backwards, I held my arms above my head, leaving just my leg that was wrapped around his waist as support to keep me up right.

 He pushed me back up, so my nose almost touched his, I pulled my tongue at him, making him laugh as he turned me away from him, then, held my hands tight as I jump and did what looked like a cartwheel. I ran towards him as the music began to finish, I jumped, letting him lift me, holding my thighs as I raised my arms, then he let go, letting me slide down his front until I was on my pointes, he turned me out to the right, I stretched my arm out to the right, then let him turn me back into him, then to the left, so I reached out with my left.