Chapter 1.

Todoroki's pov

1916
Father already left the house, just before midnight. To be honest I think he'll come back drunk as always and he will beat me.
He was training me again. The whole training was about just beating the life out of me. But he keeps saying that he just wants me to be a soldier. I hate myself for telling him I wanted to be soldier like him. I was acting like a child.

I was still laying on floor, without any move and in horrible pain. All I saw was blood around me. I wanted to scream for help, but I just cannot.
My legs were hurting the most. Aren't they broken at least? I'm not really sure, but I think it wouldn't hurt that much.
I heard slight steps behind my back, then a scared scream. 

"My God! What did he do to you?!"

I would smile, but even breathing was painful a lot.
My mother picked me up gently and carried me into her laboratory downstairs. She took some pills out and putted them right next to me. I wasn't able to eat them, so she grabbed a syringe and stuck it into my arm.

The pain slowly disappeared but I started coughing roughly.

"Shhh.. It's okay Sho. Just relax and wait."

I was about to fall asleep yet, but I just can't miss my daily lesson of chemistry, what I was liking not even because my father hated that.

Mom grabbed our notes and gave it to me.

"So what do you want to do today? Another explosion, when you like them so much?"

I nodded slightly. After many attempts to sit, I decided to stay laying.

About a three months after

I heard steps.
But why? It's almost midnight. I realized it's father, of course. Who else could just go for a walk in the middle of night.
I

opened door from my room and looked out carefully...
He walked to my mother's room.
What does he want from her? She's sleeping.
He opened the door and after a while he dragged her away.
Maybe he's mad at her because of what happened. But I know she didn't want to do it. She was just... Scared.
I followed them, trying to realize what's going on there.
He dragged her out, pushed her to wall and pulled out a gun.

What is he going to do with it? He wants to hurt her?

Everything after the loud shot was kind of blurry. I don't remember a lot. I think I just ran away.
But some things I know.
My father killed her.
My mother is dead.
Nobody expect me and him know that.
I cried all night.
And nothing was like before.
It all changed.

1926

Today is my birthday. I'm fifteen years old now, I'm a big boy.

I hope something good for me is going to happen. And the something would be painful for my father.

"You little idiot! Move your ass there now!"

Father yelled at me.

"We're going to shops, take on your  fucking mask to hide your terrible face, faggot."

I started researching for my gasmask. He's forcing me to wear it everytime we're going out. I don't blame him too much. If I would be father of child like me, I would act same.