Dos Trese Bente

HIM

A few hours and I'm set to perform a show in one of the malls here in the South of Manila. Like the two ends of a magnet, I am here at the South while she is at the North. And just like me, I bet she's also tired from rehearsals but excited as well. How I wish she would be here, well, not as a co-performer but I just miss her presence.

We just finished our final rehearsal and restin' and chillin' while waiting for the show to start. I am so tempted to call her but I know she is still busy with her rehearsals. I checked twitter and I saw photos of her with some of her fans who visited her during rehearsals.

HER

Tomorrow and the day after tomorrow are big days for me and miss Regine. Several months ago, he and I decided that Valentine's day would be a work day. Well, for me yeah, at least for him, he'd be done tonight. I'm already tired from rehearsals and I badly wanna call him but I might disturb him; just a few hours and he'll start with the show. I wish I was there to watch him even from a distance, ahhh.. I just miss him, his presence. Today has been along day of rehearsals and I just miss him so bad.

It wouldn't be bad to send a break-a-leg text right?

Fumbling through her pocket, she got her cellphone and started tapping her message. It was just a quick one to make him remember that she hasn't forgotten him.

HIM

He was drinking the last drip of water from his water bottle when a message alert prompted him to drop his water bottle and a few droplets of water spilled over his black shirt. He was just wishing, no praying for a text message from her,could it be? He quickly opened his phone and a smile crept from his lips reaching to his eyes. His companions in the room immediately noticed his excitement and they just exchanged silent looks and knowing smiles. He quickly dialed her number and called her. He appreciates her text message but he badly needs to hear her voice.

HER

Hello? She was talking in a whispering tone. Good luck tonight love. I'm with you in spirit, a soft haha escaped her lips.

I know right, I just needed to hear your voice, I miss you badly.

Me too, hey, we're back at rehearsals, just enjoy okay, love you! Mwah!

I love you more!

Ayie, ayie, bye for now, and she ended the call.

HIM

After she ended the call, he looked around the room and saw his companions smiling. What?, he asked innocently.

Well, looks like someone here got the needed boost of energy for tonight's show, his manager patting his shoulder.

Oh yeah you bet, he said proudly.

It was a few minutes past eight in the evening and he was now summoned to come up the stage. He's lovin' the energy and the vibe of the crowd. And just as expected, every performance of his is 100% solid. He dances and jumps and the crowd goes wild, he sings mellow songs from the heart and the crowd falls in love and sings along. He performed a mashup of songs, from his original band, to his band named after him, some famous songs and of course songs coming from his latest 2 albums. That's been 5 years ago of an album.

While singing Sunday Morning by Maroon5, he can't help but remember the very first duet that they had together. And from that moment on, he knew that every duet with her is something that he looks forward to, up until now.

He's now down to his last song, 214. It was written by his former band mate but the voice that gave life to the song was his and earlier last year, she also has her own cover of the song. He was singing pouring his heart out to his last song, with closed eyes thinking and imagining that he is with her that moment. Come chorus, he has to open his eyes and lead the crowd to sing with him which they gladly did.

HER

Wearing her hoodies and face mask on (whew, thanks to the corona virus, wearing face masks is now a thing), she got down from her friend's motorcycle and handed the helmet back to the driver.

Thanks for the lift Matt! I gotta go, as she started to sprint on her heels.

You take care, go catch his finale, he shouted to her.

She waved her two hands to him, her back facing him as she started to walk briskly.

She was walking, almost running and she could clearly hear his voice crystal clear. Even if she's still a kilometer away, she would still recognize that distinct voice of his.She's heard that voice in different emotions and she's just so excited to see the owner of that voice in flesh.

"The world could die, and everything may lie still you shan't cry

Co'z time may pass, forever than it'll last, I'll be by your side

Forever by your side"

With eyes closed, she sang along with the crowd. Well, she hopes nobody would notice her disguise. She was at the back of the crowd. Good thing that the venue is like an auditorium where the stage is below and the seats and the bleachers are surrounding the stage so all the audience can have a good view of the performer.

HIM

He was already singing the last lines of his last song, and again he was wishing she would be here, right with him. He chuckled thinking he was just like a child wishing to his fairy godmother. He opened his eyes and was supposed to end the song when he saw her. Is that her or just a glimpse of his imagination? Ahhh, his desire to be with her, to be near her, are making him crazy. So he added more adlibs to his last song while looking straight at the back of the crowd confirming if that was really her. He saw her send a flying kiss to her. He was abruptly surprised and recovered immediately, added a few more adlibs to his last song while signalling to his manager that she is here. When he saw that one of his companions fetched her from the back of the crowd. He ended his last song. Stayed for a short speech to thank the crowd and buy some time for her to get to safety before he quickly run down the stage to where she was waiting.

There's still a few hours left before Valentines and maybe they could buy some time for a Valentine's date before she gets busy for tomorrow and the day after tomorrow.

There you go. Ctto of the photo above, b.a_m_b_o_o ig. Happy Valentines to every AshBoo! Light. Peace. Love.