10 weeks

It's dark all around me. But it's so cozy and warm that I'm getting used to this environment. I've started hearing stuffs,weird stuff! For example,there is a sound and it never stops,it's steady and strong. I like it though. It makes me feel less lonely in here. I've also heard a voice: it's a woman,I like her voice. It's reassuring and somehow I feel like I want to hear this voice forever.
I'm wiggling my short limbs here and there. It's funny because I'm floating in what I think is water,I'm pretty sure it's water.
Where I was before coming here,there was this story going around about us growing inside a human that we would have called "mom" and then coming to the world. They described this new place like a scary place! I'm not sure I would want to go there!
So,to sum up,after evaluating the situation I think that I'm growing inside my mom. As I said before,I think I like her though,she seems funny and she will be definitely so beautiful.
"Okay baby,it's time to eat something" I hear her saying,is she talking to me right? Assuming that, I start moving to make her feel my excitement but I think I'm not that strong yet to get noticed.
"What about a chocolate muffin and a cup of milk?" She whispers. She seems...in love? Is that possible? I'm little and she is not feeling me,how can she love me already?
By the way,it's fun living here. Today Mom has done surgeries on brain and she asked me not to press on her bladder too much because she would not have had the chance to pee for a while so I tried to stay as still as possible to not disturb her.

Mom is now having dinner,I think because I'm feeling super energetic right now. It always happens when she eats.
"Amelia,how do you feel?" I hear another woman's voice,plus now I know that mom's name is Amelia. Mom Amelia,I like how it sounds.
"Good,Maggie...stop being this concerned about me! I'm just pregnant,not terminally ill!" She jokes
"Amelia...what I was asking is..." Maggie continues
"I know,I know...I'm not ready yet! We've been together for what? 12 weeks? And I'm 10 weeks pregnant! He can't know now" mom says
"He is your boyfriend. He likes you. He is treating you right. He deserves to know" Maggie says
"I will tell him,when I'm ready"
"You can't wait until you are ready! This baby is growing and you will start showing sooner than later!"
My dad doesn't know I exist?! OH COME ON,MOM!! I'm a bit disappointed so I put my tiny feet down to press the spot where mom's bladder is.
"Gotta pee" I hear mom saying while standing up and I think that I've got my personal little revenge.
I feel guilty,though. I suppose mom is alone now and I hear her crying "I'm sorry baby..." she says and I feel something like a caress from the outside "I'm sorry,I'm not the mom you deserve. I'm trying to do it right but I don't know how to do it. Forgive me,baby". She is sad,so much and I would like to hug her because I already love her.
"'Mimi" I hear Maggie's voice "open the door...I know you are crying in there"
"Go away,Maggie"
"Amelia...listen,if you don't want to tell him,I will support you. It's fine,I'm your sister. We can do it by ourselves. I will love your baby,no matter what" how sweet from her...she is my auntie. I thought this would have made my mom better instead she is crying harder.
"I don't want to do it by myself,Maggie! With my first baby I was alone. In everything,in every single painful step of that experience. I want a man next to me this time. I want him at the ultrasounds, I want him at night,I want him to choose a name with me,I want him holding my hand when that moment will come. I want everything but I don't know how I'm going to tell him. What if he leaves me?" Mom is so scared
"He won't. He is love with you" Maggie reassures her
"You think?"
"He looks at you in a way other men never did...so yes,he loves you. I bet he will be so thrilled for this" she says sweetly.

It's the middle of the night and mom is not sleeping
"I love you" I hear her saying to me "I love you,baby...and I can't wait to hold you between my arms". She sounds so sweet and again I would like to tell her how much I love her too.
"Okay,I can't sleep. Dad needs to know" she says getting up from her bed and getting dressed quickly.

I hear the doorbell ringing. Okay mom,isn't it too much waking him up in the middle of the night?
The door opens and I hear a male voice "Amelia? It's..."
"I know,it's 3 am. I have to talk to you. I can't sleep and God only knows how much I need sleeping right now"
"Come in..." he says
"Link,I'm...pregnant" she spits out
"You are...what?" He asks surprised
"Pregnant. There is a baby here. A human is growing inside of me. Choose the version you like the most" she says
"Really?!" He seems excited "am I going to be a dad?"
"You are going to be a dad" mom repeats as a confirmation
All of a sudden I feel pressure all over me,I guess dad is hugging mom...a bit too tight though! Hey guys,do you remember I'm here?!
"Careful" I hear mom sweetly saying
"Sorry...hey buddy? I'm dad...I love you already" I feel the his touch from the outside. I guess that life is not that terrible as they described it. I'm loved by my parents. They love me even though they don't know me yet. I like the feeling.
"I love him too" I hear mom saying. This means I'm a boy?!
"Him?" Dad asks
"Just the mom feeling" she answers. By the tone of her voice I can tell that she is in love and she is happy.
I guess I'm happy too. I try to make her feel I'm celebrating too but my arms and legs are still too little to get noticed.
In all of this,happiness and everything,I snuggle into my safe place and enjoying the warmth I slowly drift to the sleep land,imagining how my parents look like.