Donation day

500. 500 people in this school. 500 seconds till this stupid lesson ends. 500 reasons why I'm about to lose mind. 500 demons inside of me ferociously battling for release. As my eyes travel to the contaminated clock hanging crookedly on the mustard yellow walls of this hell hole, I feel a deep shiver maneuver down my spine almost as if a spirit entered the room. But the question is what spirit was it?

With the sound of the ancient bell ringing I darted out into the compact halls of Distrikt high school, directly out of the main entrance as the brisk air of Tabermila hit my body. 17 years in this town was already too much, the need for escape is existent within me however the history between my family and Tabermila is unescapable. This town has made me into a person that I would never have wished to become.

Today was they day that I as a Terropal , had to submit my donation of a mortal soul and a jar of blood to the council, this happens every month and every month I have to choose my next victim. Last month it was A five year old boy who went by the name of Joseph Hancock , i picked him up on my way home from school as he was playing on his front lawn with his older brother Tim Hancock, his parents still roam the streets frantically in search of piece of their poor son, but truthfully they know they're never going to find anything.

The soothing sound of the autumnal leaves crunching beneath each stride i take and the bellowing call of an unknown voice screaming "Ava...Ava Ryan" brings me back to reality and frees me from my day dream. As I my twist head over my shoulder I soon realise that voice wasn't unknown it was Harvey Merlow. Harvey Merlow is the popular guy who plays every sport possible, some may say 'all the guys want to be him and all the girls want to be with him' clichè , right? But me. I despise Harvey Merlow, I don't see him as the good guy who is great at everything, I see him as an evil specimen who does everything in his wake to make my life as difficult as humanly possible.

"Hey Ryan, how about you snap a couple of dirty pictures and send them me tonight, I've had a bad day and I'm need of a good laugh"

I paused for a second thinking of a smart comment to reply with, however i just turned towards him and smiled.

"Okay Merlow , whatever pleases you" I muttered.

I now know who my next victim of Donation day is.